Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Fabric Obsession Confessions

Ok as of this month I am totally on a spending FREEZE as far as fabric goes - I have made a committment to myself that I will only buy something if I need it to finish a quilt ---- until my stash is reduced by 1/2 or until the summer 30% off coupon comes out from fabric.com ;-) ..... yet I spend at least 10 minutes a day here looking at the fabric for sale .. why do I do this to myself??

What's your fabric obsession confession?

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Same as you- torturing myself looking at fabrics on sale!

bj
    I love to buy fat quarters, whether I need them or not. I think they are so fun! I cannot walk out of JoAnn's without at least a couple.

Same here! Promised myself 'no spending unless I really need it'. Well, just to be safe, I spent another $100.00 on fabric I just know I'll use in something!

Oh...... Ummmm...... My LQS has a sale starting tomorrow for 3 days, 33% off everything in the store, well at least 33% off on fabrics but everything is on sale. I plan on buying several cans of 505 spray, some thread and of course I may just have to buy some fabrics. It's on sale for heaven's sake!!!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I'm taking the fifth on this!! LOL!!

Blog Entries
    I say the same thing to myself frequently...so far, the longest I've lasted is about a week. :)

np3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    Oh...... Ummmm...... My LQS has a sale starting tomorrow for 3 days, 33% off everything in the store, well at least 33% off on fabrics but everything is on sale. I plan on buying several cans of 505 spray, some thread and of course I may just have to buy some fabrics. It's on sale for heaven's sake!!!
    I'm on a buying freeze too. Now where is this store with 33% off?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    I'm with Carrie. I'm pleading the 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by np3
    Baron's fabrics, right here in Camarillo. Less than a mile from my house and right next to Trader Joes. Of course everytime I go into Trader's I must go to Baron's

If it has cute doggies on it, I am a goner!

I do have a fabric confession! If I find a quality fabric at a good price I buy many!! yards at a time. lol

You go girl! I'd be right behind you if I lived closer!

I lasted about two weeks without going anywhere near a fabric store, I had withdrawal symptons that only another fabricoholic could understand! I have decided no matter how big your stash is, you just don't always have the right fabric everytime....so off I go!

Tyme to shine, would you like some doggie fabric??? I have some that you can have for free

Blog Entries
    Well,i live in the middle of know where,so if i stay away from town i do ok.I want to try to use up alot of Christmas fabric i have.

Camarillo California? That is only a couple hours away from me ...
    Quote Originally Posted by np3
    Baron's fabrics, right here in Camarillo. Less than a mile from my house and right next to Trader Joes. Of course everytime I go into Trader's I must go to Baron's

do you purchase online?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie in CO
    Well,i live in the middle of know where,so if i stay away from town i do ok.I want to try to use up alot of Christmas fabric i have.

Chicken ;-)

A buying freeze you say.....Gosh I made the same commitment for December.....but then I couldn't resist some Christmas fabrics online at terrific deals......then I did it a second time. Both packages came tonight and when I brought them in from the mail, I stole away to my sewing room pretending I had gifts to hide......little did he know, they were little gifts....for moi....Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas to ME! These fabric stores out our way are not helping....25 days of Christmas sales, with email reminders and coupons coming every day. They know we can't resist. Ugh....I'm doomed! I'm a quilt-a-holic! P.S. Tomorrow's deal of the day is 25% off on Bali Pops.....hmmmm??

Not only was my confession that I purchase too much fabric, but I can't stand to let all my new fabrics just lay in the stash --- I have to cut it up and have it ready to use on a project.... Don't ask why it don't bother me if its cut up and ready to be put together and it lays, and lays, and lays, and lays ........... No kidding I will get up out of the bed at night to cut new fabric........ It's impossible for me to build a large stash, and I would really like to. HELP!

Blog Entries
    Go and look at the thread called "fabric moratorium". Some of us joined and so far, so good. I also need to make headway into my stash before I buy any more. I am finding all kinds of creative ideas for using it. Join us and let's share what we make as we go. Good luck to you.

I alway say "no more" to myself...i don't know what happens! The EVIL fabric monger takes over and i end up just picking up a few pieces.....sure at least 50.00 later, i come home with it and say again "no more". It's that old fabric curse :!:

Quote Originally Posted by yolanda
    Chicken ;-)
    yolanda, I think you are an instigator! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Connie in CO
    I live in the middle of nowhere too, don't want to be snowed in and no fabric or projects to do! That is my story and sticking to it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast