Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A fabric pricing study

I should have noted that I will continue to use a brick and morter store when I'm purchasing fabric for a new quilt--love to 'feel' the fabric and lay them next to each other. I also want the store to make a profit and stay open--but there times when these fabric sites make my day! :-)

seemingly in the land of infants & toddlers!
    This type of tip is EXACTLY what this board is all about - quilters helping quilters! :thumbup:
    Thank you for a great tip - you have made more than one person very happy today!! :-D

Blog Entries
    I have used this site for quite a while. Love it. If you also put the word "SALE" after your description, it will only give you sites that have that item currently on sale. What a lifesaver. I have never had any trouble buying from these shops.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestarmom
    http://www.quiltshops.com/ I typed exactly what I was looking for in the search area. And in less then 10 seconds it had rows of the identical information I was looking for with the name of the shop. But the neat thing about it is I will order tomorrow what I need and pay for it within the website and I do not have to track down that particular place, etc. The fabric I was looking for on the high end $10.49, $9.69, $8.49, $7.69, $6.72 and finally $6.12 and this one had the most fabric from within the grouping. Sounds like a plan to me. There are some other things that I have picked up and at a later time, I would be more then happy to list them and hopefully they will prove beneifical.

Blue
    This is great information. Thank you.

Blog Entries
    What a great resource. I, too , found a fabric I've been looking for and there's a $3.00 difference from high-low. Thanks so much for sharing.

Thank you for the web site. I found a fabric I had been looking for. Only one place had it so I am happy I found it.

thank you for the tip and the website. it is sad to see the difference in the exact same fabric but i have seen it here at 2 of my lqs one had the fabric for $4.50/yrd and the other charged $9.50/yrd for the same fabric

Love that website! Thanks for sharing!

This is a great help. Thanks for sharing!

Power Poster
    Oh good to know.

Thank you! I will use it also in the future.

YEA!!! I'd been looking online, unsuccessfully, for shops carrying P & B Textiles recent series "Nellie's Garden, but within 10 seconds of using your link I found there are three shops and one of them has the fabric on sale. I can't believe it was so easy! Thanks so much.

Blog Entries
    Got both the flame and the onyx for borders on the wolf. Now I can finish that sucker!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am glad you were able to find your fabric. God bless.

community benefactor
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestarmom
    I have the pattern, I thought I had the fabric. I have part of the fabric. So I started going through the various regular on line places and there are several places that the prices is excellent and others well, they know what they have and the price reflects it. So I went into the Fabric Shop place that has over 200 stores under it's umbrella. At the search, I typed in what I was looking for, exactly what I was looking for. within 15 seconds the screen belongs to ME. The only thing that comes up is the exact fabric I'm looking for only and the name of the shops. I went through all of the ones that carried the most of the fabric line. Then wrote the name of the shop and the PRICE of the fabric. I found about 12 shops before I called it a night that the pricing for the exact same fabric ran from $6.75 a yard up to $10.49 a yard. I use this particular website most of the time and I have a much better chance of being able to pay what I want as much as $3.00 a yard less... Works for me!!!!
    Been using quiltshops.com for nearly ten years as fabric in Australia is usually $20+ a metre. There is also 'thousands of bolts' and there are some excellent sellers on ebay, you can get multiple yardage pieces for really good prices (take a peek at ockylocky for one - there are others) eg 2 yards for less than what we pay per metre here. Enjoy. CB

Dee
    Thanks for sharing. Great site.

Blog Entries
    This is great!! Thanks!!!

Thanks for the great tip! I'll be using this system from now on!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2