Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fabric at Walmart

Our WM got their fabric dept. back, and I use it all the time. The fabric is great, the colors bright, and I am so glad it is back.

Blog Entries
    Walmart here made a half hearted attempt but not near as nice as before. Guess what was discounted in carts? Alot of the party items they replaced the fabric with! I completely stopped shopping there, go back for cream for DH coffee!

Our store has fabric but the quality of the fabric is horrible...china mostly and no label to tell you what it is and most of it you could read a newspaper thru it is so thin....ugh
    May Everyone have a Blessed and Bountiful 2012..Teresa

One of our WalMart's has fabrics. Some of the fabrics are not what I would want to quilt or make things with. Some of the fabrics are "Premium" and are of good quality. I also got some nice cotton quiflt batting to make potholders with. I had already gotten the fabric and Insul-bright.

We have three Wal-Marts in Wichita Falls, TX. One has had fabric all along, one had some and then didn't, and one never had any. When I shop at the one that has fabric, I usually find something that pleases me. It is one of the first places I shop for fabric. Then Hobby Lobby and then Hancocks. I find their fabric all about the same.

The fabric dept. has recently been reorganized though, apparently to stock more fabric. I wonder if the Wal-Mart I never get to has got fabric back? Hmmmmm.

Blog Entries
    The WM here in Ar that I have been to are either non existant fabrics and just plain junk

Blog Entries
    Yes, our Walmart near Albany NY has put fabric back in their store!

Blog Entries
    Yes, I agree the fabric quality is terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by leatheflea View Post
    Dont get your hopes to high, our store brought back about a fourth of what it had before, and its lower quality and higher priced.
    Same here in South Carolina, I was so excited when Wal-Mart brought back their fabric, but I can't find anything there that I like. Not much of a selection, and poor quality fabric.

There are 2 WalMarts near me. The closest one has tons of pre-cuts and pre-packaged yardage. The 2nd one still has fabric on the bolts and a great selection too!
    Jo

Blog Entries
    I went in to Walmart today, and much to my surprise, there were bolts of fabric again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2