Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Favorite thing at Harbor Freight?? >

Favorite thing at Harbor Freight??

Favorite thing at Harbor Freight??

Old 11-17-2016, 08:30 AM

I'm making my very FIRST visit to a Harbor Freight store tomorrow. I have a feeling that I'll be filling that shopping cart... thank you, enablers!!
Old 11-17-2016, 08:57 AM

There's been at least one mention about 20% off, but here's a link to their ad for the 20% off coupon and they'll take paper copies of the ad or copy the number off your phone screen.

http://www.harborfreight.com/#

Also, you can get a free item (see ad, changes by the week), just make sure you grab the free item before you get in line. They are usually not right by the cash registers at the store I go to.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:02 AM

Great thread! I used my laser level like Harriet suggested to cut batting today--works great! and have put the magnetic strips for the long arm when I float a quilt (almost always!) on my Christmas list--kids will like having that on thelist.
Old 11-17-2016, 05:52 PM

A level. About 6 inches long. Use for hanging quilts. Used several at our last Quilt show so each row of people/quilts had one. Worked great.
Old 11-17-2016, 07:12 PM

I bought a head strap magnifier with lights which I use for my needle turn applique. Great place.
Old 11-18-2016, 03:22 AM

I bought 2 packs of their rotary blades awhile back. Each pack had 2 blades, so there were 4 blades total. Every one of them skipped threads to the point of being more trouble than it was worth. Maybe I just happened across 2 bad packs ... I don't know.

I do like their little LED lights ... the blue rectangular ones that have a bunch of LED bulbs in the front, and 3 more bulbs at the bottom, so you can shine it outwards or downwards, depending on what you're doing. It has both a swivel hanger and a magnet on the back. They're great for camping! I gave my dad one a couple of Christmases ago as a stocking stuffer, and he loved it so much that he made the 30-minute drive to the store and bought a bunch of them. He and I both are "flashlight junkies". I think they're normally $2.99 or $3.99, but I've seen coupons and sales on them. They include the batteries, too!
Old 11-19-2016, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by hcarpanini View Post
Laser light! Shots a straight line.i use it to cut my batting of the roll straight.
Reminds me that I saw a pair of scissors with a laser light on the handle to make straight cuts. Think you could buy on amazon.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:05 AM

For general sewing I've gotten rotary blades, storage bins/cases, stubby screwdrivers and hemostats, but for my long arm I've gotten the long magnets, a magnetic bowl, an aluminum attache type case with foam padding for traveling with my rulers, flashlights for checking bottom stitches, a really small screwdriver set to re-set bobbin tension, small plastic clamps, cable ties, magnifying glasses, laser light for trimming, and probably a lot of things I don't even remember. I go there a lot, can't you tell? But they've really saved me a lot of money over the years.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:55 AM

50 Watt Megaphone with siren! "BRING ME A CUP OF COFFEE!!!"