Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: finally got a sewing machine!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations on your new toys, enjoy playing with them, and a table runner is a great starter project, just do your best, and the rest will flow. and remember if you have any quistions, just ask. God bless.

Good for you! Isn't it exciting? I just love picking out fabric!

Good luck on your new sewing machine. I'm sure
    you will be thrilled at all the wonderful projects you
    will be able to make. It just keeps getting better
    day by day. Betty Lee

How super! Please share a photo of your first project from your new machine. You are going to just love making quilts. Have fun.

Good luck, once you start you will be addicted.

I am a newbie also and everyone on here is right, it is addictive. I'm working on my first quilt also. It's a small lap size quilt. The pattern is called a Take a Kwik Trip by Two Kwik Quilter. I was told at the store in a neighboring town that I get my fabric from that the designer is local here in eastern NC. It uses 5 fat quarters with an inner and outer boarder and is strip pieced so it went together very fast since it is small. I got the top together in about 5 hours last Thurs while waiting for hurricane Earl to make his appearance which luckily he didn't.

HI great way to spend the time.a great easy quilt iscalled "Crazy Eights" takes 8 fat quartersand is fun. My daughter started sewing again and made 3 for new babies of her friends. Turned out great ....... have fun.

Happy for you. It is addictive and fun.

Blog Entries
    Oh my a quilt shop in the same building? I'd have to keep my eyes closed as I passed by......as if that'd ever happen:-)You're getting off on the right foot.You need a cutting mat,ruler & cutter.Add pins,seam ripper & an iron.I have a cone thread holder I swear by.....the good cone thread lasts & lasts.Mine is Superior brand....but that can be for a future need & believe me, you'll find plenty:-)

Making a table runner,lap quilt or wall hanging lets you get started without a big investment.Borrow a good basic sewing/quilting book from the library & away you go! Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by odomjenn
    I start my new job tomorrow and down the hall from it is a quilting shop. Hehe they have decent size variety of colors. Im going to stop and look tomorrow when I get off, hehe since my husband is in the military my job is just basically extra and something to pass the time. Hehe I know where my checks will be going. JK :thumbup:

Congradulations! It is additive so beware you have been warned, LOL.

We are all waiting for photos!

Quote Originally Posted by odomjenn
    I was able to get a basic sewing machine from Walmart and a few tools for cutting and measuring. Tomorrow I'm going to go look at a few fabrics and start getting ideas for my first project. I saw a tutorial for a decent sized fall table runner I was watching today. I cant wait to get started! :mrgreen:
    Welcome to the CLUB, Odomein. I know you will like making quilts once the first one is finished. My eldest daughter is only starting quilting. She has been sewing clothes for her church and now wants to make THAT quilt for her bed. I know like her you will do a good job and remember that you have friends here who will help you with any problems you may come up against. Good Luck.
    :thumbup:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3