Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
FMQ on home machines notions questions >

FMQ on home machines notions questions

FMQ on home machines notions questions

Old 10-10-2010, 01:59 AM

I always used the gloves until I found the Fabulous Fabric Glide also. I like it because my hands don't get as hot and if I need to remove a pin, I don't have to take the gloves off to remove a pin or two.

I have the slider but also bought some teflon baking sheets off ebay (much cheaper and just as slippery) and tape them abround the slider so that my entire work area is very slick.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by scowlkat
I always used the gloves until I found the Fabulous Fabric Glide also. I like it because my hands don't get as hot and if I need to remove a pin, I don't have to take the gloves off to remove a pin or two.

I have the slider but also bought some teflon baking sheets off ebay (much cheaper and just as slippery) and tape them abround the slider so that my entire work area is very slick.
With the teflon sheets do you cut a hole where the bobbin thread comes up and then just tape the sheet to the bottom of the machine, never thought of that one, but may to see if it works.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:15 AM

Will you please tell me what a slider is, I have never heard anyone ever using one. I also use the Machingers and find them very useful and my hands don't get so dry.

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2010, 03:33 AM
Power Poster

MPeters- thanks for this thread!!!
I'm just starting FMQ on my machine and need tons of advice :D
I bought the Supreme Slider b/c I heard so much about it here.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:35 AM

I've looked on the site for explanation about the slider, but I don't really understand. Is it something you attach to your machine around the feed dog plate?

Will definitely be thinking about the gloves.

We live in a smaller apartment and we have a small table that I sew on. It's never going to accommodate a big quilt. So I can practice all I want on runners and fat quarter size sandwiches. I'm seriously considering making some plain placemats to practice on.

I'm not interested in quilting anything bigger than crib size on my machine for now. I also don't have a table my machine could recess into, and I've read all over this board that that is really helpful. It's on my someday list.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:58 AM

" I also don't have a table my machine could recess into, and I've read all over this board that that is really helpful. It's on my someday list" by mpeters1200

You can bring your table up to you machine by using foam insulation stacked to height of your machine. check out the sewing machine table as shown by "Crazyshortcutquilter" on 'Youtube How to Build A Cheap Sewing & Quilting Table #1" "ytube" . My DH made it for me for about $30. It is really nice and can be easily removed when doing small work. Yours may not need to be as big. I can not afford a big table although I would love one!
Old 10-10-2010, 06:18 AM

would love to see a picture of teflon baking sheets!