Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: FMQ - I now know why I failed Art Class in Kingergarten

Power Poster
    You are too funny. Practice makes perfect for all of us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marthahelen
    O.K. I failed art all the way through school and now I'm showing my ignorance--what is a FMQ? So many abbreviations on this blog and I'm always in the dark.
    FMQ means Free Motion Quilting. Don't worry, there are still a lot that I 'm not sure of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kappy
    They also say if you can dance you can FMQ.I hope this helps.Dizzy

Darn, two for two!!! Throw in being organized and I'll be 3 for 3! LOL[/quote

Dear your doing better than me cause I can't dance for a hute.
    But I still do the FMQ thing it might not look all that pretty but I still do it.DIZZY

Quote Originally Posted by pamkasperi
    Ok bought the FMQ piece for my machine...while a couple of hours is not an exhibition in patience....uh I STINK at this....I will keep trying because I don't give up on stuff but man oh man am I glad the FMQ piece only cost $11.00 for when I realize a 3 year could do better than me!
    Don't forget to take a pencil and drawing pad to practice on in between times - - the FMQ piece you are talking about is the darning/embroidery foot?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by omak
    Ok bought the FMQ piece for my machine...while a couple of hours is not an exhibition in patience....uh I STINK at this....I will keep trying because I don't give up on stuff but man oh man am I glad the FMQ piece only cost $11.00 for when I realize a 3 year could do better than me!
    Don't forget to take a pencil and drawing pad to practice on in between times - - the FMQ piece you are talking about is the darning/embroidery foot?
    I haven't done anything FMQ related since last Thursday and tonight I tried and felt like I was starting all over again...you really do have to practice - whether by doodling or by actually sewing!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by omak
    its not the embroidery foot and looks different than the darning foot in my manual...I just asked the lady at the shop for the piece for my machine that let me do FMQ and she handed it to me :)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4