Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Freezer paper-where do you find it?

I give. Where so you buy freezer paper these days? The roll I bought years ago is running out. I've looked at Walmart, the grocery stores but maybe I'm not looking in the right places. They better not stop making it!!!

Blog Entries
    I find it at WalMart with the foil and plastic wrap. There is now a big craft size box of it that will last a lifetime. :D

I bought mine in the grocery store in the section with foil, saran wrap etc. Also saw it at Walmart. Marge

Wal-Mart too--w/ the foil

Banned
    supermarket with the foil

My Walmart doesn't have it, neither does my neighborhood grocery. I'll keep looking around. I just didn't want to find out it wasn't available any longer. Thanks!

You could probably ask wal-mart or your grocery store to stock it. I've asked for speciality items before and they started stocking them.

go to their web site look on the box for the website if you can not fine it i will give it to you

yep the infamous Wally World aka Walmart :D

I find it on the same isle as the Sarah Wrap, wax paper, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Therese
    My Walmart doesn't have it, neither does my neighborhood grocery. I'll keep looking around. I just didn't want to find out it wasn't available any longer. Thanks!
    Hi we have to buy such luxuries on line and the ladies were saying today that you can buy on line at Hancocks of Paducah

Hope that helps.

Elle

I found it at the grocery store AFTER they had to show me where it was...in the foil wrap area...it was on the bottom shelf -- not used much, I guess!!! LOL

My Walmart sells it - and yeah, it's on the bottom shelf and it is really easy to miss. I picked up a roll of it at my local Publix. I got double the length for only like a buck more than Walmart's price so I felt like I was stealing from the store lol.

Bought mine at the local grocery store. It was with the foil and waxed paper.

Augghhh!!!! How frustrating! Come to think of it, there IS a big empty spot on the bottom shelf...and it's been there several weeks. Glad you all can find it! :) The hunt is on!

Some local family stores will also stock the freezer paper on top of the meat freezer ... and, also, check out the canning aisle of your store ... wherever the meat is, wherever the paper products are, wherever the canning supplies ... if it isn't stocked there, then I would have a good talk with the merchant! LOL I mean, it wasn't that long ago that women actually saved money by wrapping and freezing their meat products! (can't believe I have gotten SOOOO old that I am talking about something most of my friends have no idea that it was an option! LOL Heck! I remember using waxed paper to put sandwiches in for the day AND! using it as many days as we could!)
    Let us know where you finally found it!

Another great paper to use for pattern drafting or copying a clothing pattern is the exam paper that is rolled out on the table in a doctor's office. I got an end roll from our local clinic years ago and I use it when altering patterns.

Therese, have you found the freezer paper yet. If not, PM me your addy and I will get some at my store and send it to you. :)

Thanks for the offer. Let me still try to hunt it down. It's a big challenge for me at this point and not an emergency yet! It will be big news when I do find it!!!!

The larger chain grocery stores carry freezer paper, but the smaller indepentent stores have it sporadically.
    Let us know when you find it, and where it was located int eh store. Usualy down low!