Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Girl Scout Quilts (Gold Award) Ideas,Fabric or Pattern Suggestions >

Girl Scout Quilts (Gold Award) Ideas,Fabric or Pattern Suggestions

Girl Scout Quilts (Gold Award) Ideas,Fabric or Pattern Suggestions

Old 10-01-2018, 08:43 AM

Default Girl Scout Quilts (Gold Award) Ideas,Fabric or Pattern Suggestions

Good Morning, I am searching for any ideas for a quilt for my granddaughter. She has achieved the Gold Award (which is the same as Eagle for boys) Oh My, I can't seem to find Girl Scout Fabric that is not cookies. Any ideas, pictures,etc. I am suffering brain freeze on this. Thanks so much
Old 10-01-2018, 09:01 AM

When I made an eagle quilt for my son's Eagle award, I went with colors. At that time the only Scout fabric was for cub scouts. I wanted a quilt that would celebrate his achievement but also be useful later. Maybe a special quilt in her favorite colors would be used longer than an actual Girl Scout Quilt.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:44 PM

Congratulations to your granddaughter. 37 years ago my DD received the Gold Award. A proud moment for all.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:19 PM

what an honor and a quilt will be perfect to recognize her hard work. I too would go with colors instead of GS fabrics--they are often too cutsy. one of my guild members makes "story" quilts for all her kids and g-kids--she usually goes with a log cabin block that she appliques, embroiders, or uses military or Scout patchs in the centers to represent an achievement, etc.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mollyanne View Post
Good Morning, I am searching for any ideas for a quilt for my granddaughter. She has achieved the Gold Award (which is the same as Eagle for boys) Oh My, I can't seem to find Girl Scout Fabric that is not cookies. Any ideas, pictures,etc. I am suffering brain freeze on this. Thanks so much
I have a suggestion for you for a Girl Scout Quilt. I made one for the leader of my daughter’s troop that had been with them from Daisy to Gold Award. The pattern was by Darlene Zimmerman and is called Fresh Traditions. You can find it on Pinterest. The outer rim represented Daisy and had blue Daisy fabric from JoAnns. Next was a round of brownie fabric (found scraps on Etsy). Then green for Girl Scouts. The middle was gold fabric with butterflies. Instead of using all solid blue, I used the different solid colors such as blue, brown, green, gold to go around.
On the back each GS signed a block and wrote a message. Hope this helps and good luck!
Old 10-05-2018, 07:50 AM

When I made my son's Eagle Scout Quilt, I used his t-shirts that he had from camp, etc. (His first Tiger Cub shirt I just cut along the sides so it was a one layer applique in the shape of a shirt.) I then embroidered the eagle badge and several eagles, some with flags. At that time there were not boy scout fabrics available. I also embroidered his name and the date. You might be able to make a collage of her t-shirts, badges, etc. Congratulations!