Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Going to the Lancaster Quilt Show >

Going to the Lancaster Quilt Show

Going to the Lancaster Quilt Show

Old 12-28-2011, 04:50 PM

Default Going to the Lancaster Quilt Show

I'm going to the Lancaster PA quilt show in March. It was my DH's suggestion and I'm thrilled and excited about going. I was wondering if any of you have attended and do you have any tips for me about the Show, area LQS, or anything else I should know before going.

Thanks!

Jill
Old 12-28-2011, 04:56 PM

I'm going too and taking a couple. Do visit the 'other' Lancaster Quilt Show while you are here. http://lancasterquiltshow.com/ Last year I spent close to a full day at this one and a day at the AQS show. There are lots of quilt shops to visit in the Lancaster area.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:05 PM

Lucky you i havent been to a quilt show in over a year
Old 12-28-2011, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jill View Post
I'm going to the Lancaster PA quilt show in March. It was my DH's suggestion and I'm thrilled and excited about going. I was wondering if any of you have attended and do you have any tips for me about the Show, area LQS, or anything else I should know before going.
Thanks!
Jill
i was there several years ago and would go anytime....large, great quilting location so lots of great quilts...don't miss the Lancaster Quilt Museum downtown Lancaster, while you are there... they have a great local collection from the families of Amish and Mennonite settlers in the area... you will see family names carried down thru the quilts along with their same quilting designs... obviously handed down, mother (and MIL) to daughter...
Old 12-29-2011, 04:39 AM

Yes, we visit lots of other shops while there-we have our favorites!
Old 12-29-2011, 04:52 AM

Being within an hour of the Lancaster area I have gone to these shows many times. It is worth it and it is big! Bring good walking shoes, a camera and google different quilt shops of the area. But if you find some LQS you want to go to post on this board to find out if they are still open. So many smaller shops have closed.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:10 AM

you will love it...my favorite show...one thing I noticed when I was there years ago that vendors were at different places unlike other shows...go to "Bird in hand" and" Intercourse" Amish were demonstration quilting at one of these...sat on the porch and watched teenagers strutting their gorgeous horses up and down the street...LOL
Old 12-29-2011, 08:42 AM

zooks fabric 3535 Old Philadelphia Pike
Intercourse, PA 17534

Old Country Store - 3510 Old Phila Pike

BittyKinna's Quilt Shop - 3466 Old Phila. Pike
The Quilt and Fabric Shack - 3137 Old Phila. Pike
Obies Country Store - 1585 Main St., Goodville, PA
Burkholder's Fabric Shop - 2155 W Rt 897, Denver, PA these are just a few i have been at or you can google lancaster pa fabric shops and there are more - have fun !!!!
Old 12-29-2011, 08:57 AM

Okay well google Lancaster quilt shops. There are several shops in the area and 2 on the way into Lancaster. Are you coming form the North as you need to go to Saunders and Burkholders just off the interstate. Then don't miss Intercourse and the 2 shops on the way to Intercourse. Remember all but one or 2 shops are closed on Sunday! Plan for that. There is a second vendors show on Rt 30. They have many great vendors as well as the second site for the AQS show. Enjoy. I am hoping to get there this year! Luann
Old 12-29-2011, 09:13 AM
Banned

and when in Lancaster for the show don't forget to visit the vendors at the Continental Hotel - across from Host. Lots of good vendors there.