Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Got my McTavishing Books today!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sajackson
    AQS has a museum and book store in Paducah KY (about 45 min from where I live) Through July they have the 25 winning quilts in the museum. I'm trying to get there ...

I've used McTavishing on quite a few quilts Its a wonderful way for a "filler" stitch. Only one thing...it uses a LOT of thread...but well worth the effort to practice it.

OOPS...didn't read the entire forum...sorry to repeat
    How about a photo of some of yours SA. The more the merrier.

Her quilting is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Come on Roben...I'm waiting to see your creation! :)
    :twisted: You enabler, you! :twisted: The Whitework book is the jewel, for sure - I can't look through that book without napkins for the drool :lol:

It'll be a little bit before I get to tackle it - today is finish the design wall day (woohoo!) but I plan on trying it out in the wall hangings I'm working on. I am taking the pattern for Red Rooster Vintage Homestead and splitting it into 2 wall hangings, so that'll keep me on my toes all week. I keep a dry erase board, and have been dutifully doodling on it to improve my quilting - it helps tremendously, and I can wipe away as often as I like.

I'll admit I'm an AQS fan; although I haven't been to Paducah (yet :twisted: ) I have been to the Des Moines show and it was fantastic - I can't imagine how much work went into organizing just that one show, let alone the three they put on every year.

BTW, I love the fabric companies as well; it seems like each of them puts out loads of free quilt patterns! Here's a link to the one I'm working on if anyone wants it:

http://www.redroosterfabrics.com/stu...ern/vh6.19.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    thats a shame they've been doing the free book thing for a while now. maybe you can call them and get the free book.

this is the free book that they're giving now if you join

http://www.americanquilter.com/books...il.php?id=2447
    That's the book I got when I joined. They offer great deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Roben
    BTW, I love the fabric companies as well; it seems like each of them puts out loads of free quilt patterns! Here's a link to the one I'm working on if anyone wants it:

http://www.redroosterfabrics.com/stu...ern/vh6.19.pdf
    I love that pattern! And the fabrics are great!!! Can we see pictures of your progress?

Vicki, it's the first project I put up on my new design wall:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/21991.page

I have the panel cut apart and separated into what I want in each wall hanging - one with the quilt theme will go in my sewing room, and the other more generic to go into the dining room. Right now all the cutting is done, and I'm working on getting the churn dash blocks out of the way. I'm toying with the idea of a wavy border rather than the piano keys to fit more with the frames around the panel pieces - depends on how brave I feel :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2