Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Got a surprise

That is the true meaning of Christmas. God Bless you both for your generousity.

That is so sweet!!

What a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing, it's so great to hear a GOOD story.
    That's the power of one - one did a good thing & then it spread.
    May the spirit of the season be with you.

Jo

Isn't it wonderful that people still have the old fashioned Christmas spirit???

There are some good people in this world!!

Blog Entries
    Wonderful story! Swells the heart!

South Carolina; half hour away from Charlotte, N.C.
    Praise God! What a wonderful thought and gesture.
    Dar

There are indeed good people amongst us !!!

Merry Christmas to you and yours !!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    That is awesome! Merry Christmas and Happy New Years Everyone! May all of you be richly blessed!

That is really the best story of the season I have heard.

That is just heartwarming!! It really does make you feel good when things like that happen especially when you are trying to do nice things for others. It's always wonderful to have something nice happen when you aren't expecting it!

Oh gosh! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to hear such a wonderful thing....all flowing out from the selfless thing you did in making those quilts. Bless you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Quilt4u
    I went to mail my Quilts For Kids and my doll swap quilt today and the postwoman asked if I had made them. Of course I told her that I did. She asked if they where for a family member and that they were beautiful. I told her that they were for children that were in hospitals. So she gave me my boxes to package them up. So I did. When I went back to pay for them to be mailed she said the people that were in line payed for them to be mailed both packages. What a nice surprise.

Beautiful!

That's awesome...
    Merry Christmas

Blog Entries
    This is a wonderful Christmas story!

How nice....I bet Santa had something to do with it...Ho HO HO :thumbup:

Truly, there are angels among us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mother always said "what comes around, goes around".

Nice to see good deeds returned.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hpylady
    Truly, there are angels among us!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I truly believe that they are the quilters that has been contributung to this charity is one and the gift to the postal is another, Merry Christmas, everyone.

Blog Entries
    A wonderful Christmas gift. Everyone in line probably left feeling just as good as you felt.

This goes to show that God is still in control of this world. Merry Christmas Everyone

What a great and giving group.

People aren't all selfish. It never fails to surpise me that the people with the least money to spend will donate to help while the ones with lots don't.
    God keep you and keep your good works up. I make prayer shawls and afghans for nursing homes and hospitals. I just finished delivering my items annomostly to all. I also made 30 hats for the chemo patients. I don't have much but i pray for the item i make to help heal and then have the nurses pass them out to the ones they feel need them most.

That is great - there are a lot of caring people in the world. Bless you and everyone who helped pay for the postage.

Thank you so much for sharing this! I really needed to hear about some REAL, loving and Godly people in this world!

I will try to make This long story short. My daughter who has thrown her child away twice, and begged me to take her in both times, could not handle her daughter doing so well under my husbands and my care (She was making A's and B's ....could be that she was not being told daily how stupid she was and that she was from bad seed and would never amount to anything, not only by the stepfather, but by her biological mother as well), and she had made varsity cheerleader. She was NEVER cinderalla in my husband's and my home. Britani was denied contact with her half siblings, and Brad the stepfather told her she could never have a relationship with him or his family until she paid them back the $10,000 she had cost them (My husband and I were supporting Britani without once cent support from them, and we finally took them to court for custody when they claimed Britani on income tax. Britani wants her mothers love and approval so desperately she has basically sold her soul.....upon her mother's instructions she shoved me, slugged me and broke my jaw and ran off.....BUT her mother would not allow her to come back home, and did not want her in the Argyle area going to school because she was such an embarrasment to them and didn't not want her nor Brad's other children embarrased because of her.....she has not only dropped out of school her senior year, she is now pregnant and living with the babies father's mother and stepfather....and tells me that she can not have a relationship with me, because if she does her mother will not speak to her............................
    Sorry this is so long, but I sit her crying because I really really did need to know that there are real, caring good people out there who not only care about people, but care about complete total strangers they have never seen, nor most likely never will.........Thank you for bringing me out of my darkness and unbelief in people. Your testimonial has been the greatest gift I have received this Christmas! Thank YOU for being such a generous loving person to those children who need the touch of kindness and love so desperately.... for being a true living example of God's love, and for all those strangers, who loved and cared enough to give wings to deliver that love and kindness, not only to those children, but to those of us who had lost faith and confidence in mankind!

May God bless you and those people and return to you the joy you have shared so freely!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast