Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Grace EZ3 Hand Quilting/Basting Frame >

Grace EZ3 Hand Quilting/Basting Frame

Grace EZ3 Hand Quilting/Basting Frame

Old 08-06-2022, 03:39 PM

Question Grace EZ3 Hand Quilting/Basting Frame

What did Grace charge for this frame before they discontinued it?
Old 08-06-2022, 06:54 PM

It is still on the Canadian website https://www.graceframe.ca/en/hand-quilting
It looks like Amazon has it at https://www.amazon.com/Grace-Start-R...t-items&sr=1-1

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Old 08-07-2022, 04:31 AM

Welcome to the QB! Are you looking for a large floor frame for handquilting?
Old 08-08-2022, 07:36 PM

The EZ 3 was the smaller of the frames. We sold it for $99 for a very long time. Then I believe the price went up to $199 just before they discontinued it.
Old 08-11-2022, 07:19 AM

Thank you to OurWorkbench, QuiltMom2, and quilted sunshine for responding to my question about the Grace EZ3 frame. I have had technical difficulty posting replies--hope this works.

I was only curious about the original price charged by the Grace Co as a point of comparison with the wildly varying prices showing up on eBay and, from time to time, on Amazon. Initially, I had considered a Grace frame as a means to accomplishing basting, which is my main issue as I have zero table, floor, or wall space. But then, I came upon a great, inexpensive basting solution which others might like to know about. On quilting-tidbits.com, there are directions for making a basting frame using wooden rails which are screwed together to accommodate the size of your quilt. When the frame is assembled, you rest it on the backs of 4 chairs. Attach the quilt layers to the frame using large office-type binding clips. Then baste with a basting gun. This is perfect for my situation. But how can I have never heard about this before? I’ve been reading, attending classes, following quilters on Instagram, etc. for ten years without coming upon this idea. Well, I’m just grateful to have found it now and looking forward to implementing it. Does anyone else out there use a basting frame and gun? If so, how well does it work for you?
Old 08-11-2022, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by blueberrygirl View Post
Thank you to OurWorkbench, QuiltMom2, and quilted sunshine for responding to my question about the Grace EZ3 frame. I have had technical difficulty posting replies--hope this works.

I was only curious about the original price charged by the Grace Co as a point of comparison with the wildly varying prices showing up on eBay and, from time to time, on Amazon. Initially, I had considered a Grace frame as a means to accomplishing basting, which is my main issue as I have zero table, floor, or wall space. But then, I came upon a great, inexpensive basting solution which others might like to know about. On quilting-tidbits.com, there are directions for making a basting frame using wooden rails which are screwed together to accommodate the size of your quilt. When the frame is assembled, you rest it on the backs of 4 chairs. Attach the quilt layers to the frame using large office-type binding clips. Then baste with a basting gun. This is perfect for my situation. But how can I have never heard about this before? I’ve been reading, attending classes, following quilters on Instagram, etc. for ten years without coming upon this idea. Well, I’m just grateful to have found it now and looking forward to implementing it. Does anyone else out there use a basting frame and gun? If so, how well does it work for you?
I use a 12" wood embroidery hoop. I got all the sizes except 2 at a yard sale for $5 for the entire set. She wanted to get rid of them because she could not get it to stay in the frame without it slipping and sliding. I did not tell her (I wanted the frames) but I did a trick my Daddy showed Momma and it works wonderfully. Takes a bit of time to get it finished, tho'.

You take the measurements of the circumference (not the diameter across the width of the hoop) around the wood of the INside piece of the frame and then add the 1/4 inch on both sides so it can be hemmed and stitched tightly. I took a bit of cotton batting and quickly stitched it around the inner hoop before I put the fabric on the hoop. It helps keep the hoop tight without breaking.

This has kept my quilts in place so I can stitch them. I have never put this frame under the pressure foot. I hand baste the quilt and then take it out to sew on my Singer 4423 Heavy Duty machine. Works great for me.

Don't know who the maker of these hoops are. Hope this help those quilting by hoops.