Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Grandmothers flower garden

Blog Entries
    I have two more rows to do on my GFG. How do I make it square, looks like I need a bunch of half flowers. I am determinded to finish it, even though I have no use for such a ugly quilt. My stash really didn't work here as I have always avoided floral fabrics. I did get to use some of my friends' batiks. Another fabric I avoid. LOL

Blog Entries
    Let's see a picture of that "ugly" thing. Maybe it's not as bad a you think?

I filled in with half flowers to even the edges. I'm sure the quilt is lovely. Can we see a picture, pretty please.

On mine, I filled in with the background figure to the edges rather than partial flowers. That was just my choice. There are many options. Would really love to see pictures.

I would fill it in with hexagons up to the edge you want to square, then trim it off instead of making 1/2 hexagons. I don't know if you have one of these, but I stoled - yes stoled, my dh's 48" t-square. That way I only do one fold and slice. :lol: :-D