Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Guilty

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    nothing beats the feeling of the warm sun on your skin while the birds are singing and working up a sweat while gardening and then admiring your flowers etc...but then again i love the hum of the sewing machine with Michael Buble on and being creative on a rainy day so I have the best of both worlds!
    True friends are like diamonds
    They are precious and rare.

I often move my sewing machine to the table on our patio so that I can have the best of both worlds. I also move my cutting board outside on a non breezy day.

Blog Entries
    Never feel quillty I'm a free spirit and do what I want when I want. Any way isn't the sun bad for you. It is for me hay fever sneezing, burnt skin itchy arm legs can't see and need to shut curtains so I can see to sew. I must admit I like the spring and autumn when the seasons change and beautiful colours of trees and flowers and a camera is quick and lasting reminders.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntevie View Post
    Haha! I do! I am sometimes secretly happy when it's raining out!
    me too! I get so little time to sew that I also welcome the rain sometimes!

I feel guilty for not sewing...I have a lot of projects waiting for me, but I'm wiped out after work, and, on the weekends, the yard is now demanding all my attention. I now I have a deadline coming up and the project's not done!

No guilt here, I can sit by my sliding glass door and enjoy the outside while I sew. Allergies keep me inside most of the time. Never work outside. DD and DH do all the mowing, gardening etc.

I resent any reason for stopping.

Blog Entries
    Summers are too short here in Maine and I just purchased a new kayak... we have plenty of long (often snowy) winter days to quilt but an extremely short summer to enjoy gardening, hiking and the beautiful outdoors.

Not at all when I am doing what I really love.

Nope. I can still see how beautiful it is outside! I used to feel bad when my sewing room was in the in-windowed basement though.

NO! I don't like the sun much. If it's too warm outside I get crankier than normal.

I try to take advantage of the beautiful weather. Coffee on the deck listening to and watching the birds, grooming my dog. It is very soothing and I love it. When it is cool, I try to do a little gardening. At night and when it rains, there is plenty of time for sewing. Now all I need is to find time for cleaning.
    Pat

Yes! I can hear the weeds in the flower bed calling me, the dog needs to go out and I keep seeing yard stuff that I need to do...but then I go back to my sewing room with the blinds drawn so I can't see the yard and just sew away.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
    No, I gave up being guilty about things like that long time ago. I go with the flow now.
    I agree with your statement, no more guilt. I try to work what I have to do in, but, if I need a break I do my thing which just happens to be quilting/sewing, no guilt there.

Rather be outside in nice weather.

Quote Originally Posted by dd View Post
    Nope! I don't like being hot in the sun. don't like being sunburned. don't like bugs. don't like to sweat. don't like wind blowing my project around. don't like gardening.
    I do like to sew in the comfort of my home with screens and sunshades and air conditioning and TV and all the other comforts.
    I do hang my laundry out though.
    I could have written this post -- all except for the hanging out laundry. The most hanging I do is over clothes hangers inside the house. I really DO like riding around the countryside on a bright sunny day.
    One step at a time, always forward.

yes, that would make a big difference. Baby always came first.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Blog Entries
    I live in the south and you won't catch me out in the sun on purpose after mid morning. I don't feel guilty doing what I want to do with my time.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    I like the sun but I am a redhead and burn all the time. In the '40's and '50's I had blisters all the time. Now I do not get enough sun so I take vit.D as recommended by the doctor. I would like to live where it is 70 year-round. I do live in Southeastern PA. I feel 'HAPPY" when the sun is shinning.

I don't know how to add my correct age to my siggy. I will soon be 72, WOW.
    Last edited by quilter68; 05-20-2013 at 05:11 AM. Reason: age
    Quilter 68 who is now 69/and now 70

Quote Originally Posted by Auntevie View Post
    Haha! I do! I am sometimes secretly happy when it's raining out!
    And I thought I was the only one who sometimes wishes for a rainy day! We're suppose to have t-storms all week and I secretly took a sigh of relief. I have so many UFOs I'd like to get done.

Blog Entries
    Yes. I feel the same as auntevie about being happy it's raining.
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

Its just now starting to be nice outside..............when its not raining that is. As I have a yard and gardens to take care of, I spend the mornings outside working and when it starts to get hot, I come in to sew. This has been working for me for the couple of years since I moved to Iowa from Florida. My sewing room is in the basement is the only sour note and has only 1 small window to view out but its cool down here so there's another up note. Every morning I take a walk around the yard to see what needs to be done, do it if I can and then I get to play the rest of the day without regrets. I'm loving my retired life.

Suz in Iowa

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I quit buying tickets for guilt trips a long time ago! This weekend it was in the 90s. I will sew in the comfort of my A/C. The wind was fierce but hot. Guilty? Nope. I plead innocent!

Power Poster
    Absolutely not. I'd rather be sewing, but that's just me.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    LOL Nopers .. love to quilt, sew and craft when its cold or hot out-when the sun is shining or not !LOL Our dog has a door to go out all the time (regardless of the weather!) and we are both happy !LOL Don't get me wrong I go camping and all those other wonderful things outdoors but some days all I want to do is to sew ! LOL
    I garden, help with the mowing of the lawn (I am the grass bag holder !LOL)and many other outside chores (weeding, moving things around etc...)so I feel I get enough Vitamin D on those wonderful days, which are just as wonderful when I am sewing ...
    Last edited by Caswews; 05-20-2013 at 07:03 AM.
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast