Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: hard to walk out of a quilt shop with only the one thing I went in for

Blog Entries
    Ha Ha Ha. And why does this happen when DH is in the car snoozing and then I get to the car and tell him about a huge fantastic sale and I was thinking of him not having to stop anytime soon, so I got it now...! His response? Thanks for thinking of me. lol

DH & I were traveling in New Mexico celebrating our 38th. Promised myself we would just look in at this Quilt Shop on the way to hike some amazing petroglyphs just outside of town. Wouldn't you know it, they knew we were coming, put almost the entire store on sale at 40% off because they were remodeling and low n behold we spent over $240 on just fabric. We are just suckers for good fabric during a great sale with some awesome sales clerks helping as you load up the counters over and over again. ;-) Got to laugh at ourselves when we honestly try to make those promises. Oh well, as another already mentioned, it's a good hobby/habit and does keep us off the streets at night!!!!!!!!! At least I'm not doing this all by myself, my DH is just at bad. He loves putting together fabrics for my next creation, which explains why we've been together almost 40 years now. He's a keeper ladies.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    with it taking $40 to put half a tank of gas in the car these days, NO, it is not hard to walk out empty handed...

tried shopping on the internet today..my gosh, the prices of the OLD stock is now up to $8-$10yd....

will be shopping here and in my own stash IF I really need anything!

I do most of my fabric shopping on line, but we have one local quilt shop that I could just spend days in, it's so pretty. The staff is always so pleasant, too.

Finding that I've already bought a particular fabric just confirms that I really, really needed it! I'm glad I bought it twice, because I like it so much that I'm apparently going to need a lot of it. :mrgreen: How's that for circular reasoning?

Blog Entries
    Our fabric shop just reopened. Whenever I'm downtown I swear that the car just knows it has to park directly in front. Just can't walk past without having a look-see at what new bolt have arrived since my last visit, 2 days ago. LOL She has the most beautiful prints and the quality is superb. Can't believe it is only $5 yd. This is Marcus Bros. I only hope she doesn't realize too soon that her prices are low. I know I'm not going to tell. She has already had ladies from Kalona (with all their shops) and from Grinnell. I reallywish her luck. I desperately need her here. Marge L.

Blog Entries
    Doesn't it make you feel so vulnerable when you here those pretties begging to go home with you? I really feel guilty if I don't pick 1 or 2 of them. Yah, right!

You're not alone!

I have gone in for one thing, been on crutches and still come out with a big bag! Those ladies are so helpful carrying bags out when you're hobbling along, darn them!

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanneb52
    I have gone in for one thing, been on crutches and still come out with a big bag! Those ladies are so helpful carrying bags out when you're hobbling along, darn them!
    Now that is an image to laugh through ! hah!

"here, let me help you to the sidewalk." ha ha !

Quote Originally Posted by redturtle
    well...youre not the only one...lol
    I love that little cutie in your avatar!

i luv going fabric shopping cant help but buying more fabric . even if i dont gotta have it right then.

Glad I am not the only one lol

When I see something I want I pick it up if I can afford it. Seems like every time I go back to get something I wanted, it is gone!

Blog Entries
    I'm going to be going today.I haven't been in my favorite shop in months.I hope she still knows me.Connie in CO

This is why my family doesn't want me to go to the quilt shop!
    I always find something and it often doesn't have anything at all to do with what I had in mind. It's fun though! As someone else on the board said "we could do worse".

I went up to the cashier with two little packs of ribbon..cost
    $1.06. She looked at me and started laughing as did I. Without even speaking we both knew what was so funny. I laughed all the way to the car !!

41.$

Right now Fabric.com is having a really good sale, I hear it calling to me. Buy, buy, buy......

Quote Originally Posted by chairjogger
    hard to come out of quilt shop for "just stopped for one thing."

Like that new car smell.. almost intoxicating..

So typical to walk away with a bag in hand and think. "Nope , should have picked that up too".
    I've wondered if the drop in WalMart profits over the last two years was caused by the removal of the fabric department. I personally used to shop there two or three times a week, just to pick up a piece of fabric, and then I'd spend $40 or more on other items. I now go in there once a month or so.

Or whats worse??? To either pass up a good sale OR getting home and saying "shoulda gotten that one fabric !"
    LOL...been there and done that!

I just got their (Fabric.com) ad this morning. Lots, and I mean LOTS) of cotton quilt fabric for $3.98-$4.98. Plus, free shipping w $35.00 or more order. I've always been happy shopping w them.

Try being restricted to online shopping. There is absolutely no point in placing an order for a single item. I mean, the postage is likely to cost as much as the item. So then you snoop around the website to see what else you need, and next thing you know you've bought several gadgets and half a dozen FQs of fabric!

Now thaat is will power ! :thumbup:

I did that today. At lunch I went to pick up a book I had ordered and get my $5 quilt square and directions for the month and I ended up spending $60 before I got out of there! I tell you it is a dangerous place!

I went in a quilt shop the other day and I told my granddaughter that was with me it must have been a record. I was looking for more patterns for punchneedle..they didn't have any so was in and out..didn't buy anything!! yep..that's a record for me!! LOL

Banned
    Blog Entries
    fabricshack.com has tons on sale under $5.00, stitch-n-frame.net has even more!

I bought white on whites at the Dallas quilt show for $4.50 and some stray FQ's for $1.25, but that was it....not much fabric there and what was there I was not paying those prices for it!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast