Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: hard to walk out of a quilt shop with only the one thing I went in for

Just went to JoAnns to get a little more of something I ran out of...(I am still new and made a few oops.) Looked at the bolt and bought what was left on it. (6 yds) I know I'll use it somewhere. LOL.. Also decided I love the old fashioned look of a muslin back and bought a bunch of that too. Am I a real quilter now?????? oh yeah and picked up a few FQS too. hee hee...

Blog Entries
    To walk out of a quilt shop with only the item you went in for is not normal.

I usually spend 2x what I planned -- there are so many goodies

i use to shop for fabric at walmart to now they dont have it here . now i seldom go to walmart. use to go 2or3 times aweek

I thought it was against the law to walk out with only one thing!

Went into Joann Fabric yesterday and just bought thread for a project. I'm just buying what I need to make the projects I start from my stash. So I only need thread or batting. Need to use up what I have. Look out when I run out of stash. Going to make some shirts from stash so well use up some fast.

I always walk out of my lqs with just one thing: one shopping bag! Sometimes larger then other times, but still... hahaha

I avoid my quilt shop.........

Not possibel for me at fabric store or any store.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle
    Quote Originally Posted by callie
    Isn't it amazing how fabric and toys in quilt shops just call your name? Luckily my quilting friends all have the same problem - like Lay's potatoe chips I think.
    Yes they really do call your name. Sis (cizzors on this board) and I went to Vegas for some shopping. I took my Hubby's truck. He drives one of those really big Rams that it seems like the ground is a mile away. I pulled into a parking spot and all Sis could see was the shop. She opened the door and fell out! I never laughed so hard. (Still am) She was so intent on getting into that store she wasn't paying attention. Then she was embarrassed thinking the people in the shop saw her. It took us a long time to try and compose ourselves before going in. So yes, everything in the shop calls her name to the point she has tunnel vision.

Sorry Sis, just had to share. :lol:
    hope she's ok too funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Isn't that what we are supposed to do in a quilt shop?! Shop, shop, shop! lol

just one thing? like making a list and keeping to it? never heard of such a thing!!!!!!!!! gina

I have found that if I take someone with me I don't buy as much. Especially a kid. I have taken my nieces and nephews and they have so little patience that I just get what I need and leave. It is frustrating but I save a ton of money that I spend the next time I go alone. :shock:

Power Poster
    You can always go back for more. hee hee

Hi Maia, I love Quilter's Destination! Great selection and very helpful. Too bad I didn't know you were going there. I would have met you!

Really, people - we must buy more than one thing because very shortly, ALL those things will be higher priced and just think what we're saving by buying it now!! I just don't think it is possible to buy just ONE thing - anywhere!! But maybe that's just me - and I'm really trying to do better!

It's not my fault. All I did was walk past some fabric, and bolts jumped off the rack into my cart. That's my story, and I'm going to stick to it.

It's not my fault. All I did was walk past some fabric, and bolts jumped off the rack into my cart. That's my story, and I'm going to stick to it.

If you walk away with just what you came in for it's time to call for help cause you must be sick. At least that's what I think. lol.

Me too!!!!!

Our local shop has these cute reusable bags. If you use it, you get to put your name in a drawing once a month for free products. If I go in the store and not take my bag out of my purse and fill it up, that bag whines so loud the police show up thinking someone's car alarm went off. I mean, with a whiny bag like that what else is one to do but fill it up?

Once and only once, a very long time ago, I spent lots of time in a quilt shop and walked out without buying a thing. I didn't know what was wrong with me, but I am now cured.

Why walk out with one thing! One is a lonely number!!!

Going into a fabric shop for just one thing is like trying to eat only one potato chip. It's impossible! I fabrics can talk and call out to me, "take me home with you."

Quote Originally Posted by chairjogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Maia B
    service/attitude. Relaxed, helpful, friendly= extra sales.
    absolutely,
    and yes, I wanted to say the fabric sings first thing, but was afraid people thought I was "hearing" voices and not reply .. ha ha
    If you make it they will come.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast