Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has any one purchased Jo Ann cutting table? >

Has any one purchased Jo Ann cutting table?

Has any one purchased Jo Ann cutting table?

Old 03-14-2011, 07:51 PM

I have had my table for 6 years. Like Frugal Fabrics says, you can roll it out of the way. I have the entire mat set for it. When we have a big family dinner, it ends up being the buffet table. But it stays up most of the time in my sewing room. the nice part, should you notice that something isn't where it needs to be, all you need is to tighten the screws. There are brackets underneath to catch the swingout sections. Great table, worth the money.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:51 PM

I have one and also have a banquet table that I purchased PVC pipes to raise the table. I have it in the spare bedroom & when we have company I take it down,fold it in half and slide it under the bed. I like both
Old 03-14-2011, 08:21 PM

well worth the money,have the table and mat. love them:)
Old 03-14-2011, 08:46 PM

I bought this cutting table about 6 months ago. I like it very much. My previous cutting table was much heavier. The new one has rounded corners nothing gets stuck or snagged on it.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:47 PM

I've had one for a few years now and use it daily. Wish I had room for a second! Hope you enjoy your new table.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:15 PM

Yes I have one. It is pretty unstable for cutting. The setup for the legs was not the best desidn.. but it works. I tis just not solid.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:22 AM

I have one and I love it. I don't know how I ever managed to make anything with the small cutting table in the sewing room. I need to be able to spread out. When I'm done I just fold up the table and put it to the side.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:01 AM

I have had mine for ten yrs and love it. Could'nt do with out it.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:08 AM

I almost bought this one a few weeks ago for $99, to replace one of a previous style. The legs on the one I have open at angles, compromising the storage space under it, where I keep my totes. This design will open that area. The one I have has served me well for many years. Not only do I have the large cutting mat, I also have a pressing surface I picked up for coupon price at Hancock Fabrics. Gerrrateeeet for all those large size pressing and ironing projects. Hardly ever set up the ironing board anymore.

My sewing room can serve as a guest room - fold the big table down, put the totes on top of the sewing table, and open the futon. I have a similar table in the craft room which has drawers in the center. It is just a touch more narrow, but (use to) folds down into a space saver. I have so many bins and drawers under it now that there would be no point in folding it. I can lay my canvases flat to decoupage, without bending over the old dining work table. I feel that I have worked and over worked these tables, and find no fault other than an occasional little wobble.

They were easy to assemble with the tools provided. I opened the box in the car, and just carried a few pieces in the house at a time, rather than strain trying to lug in a heavy piece of furniture.

Thanks for the heads up on the pending sale price. I'll be replacing the angular fold-out legs style I have with this one.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:30 AM

I have two of the tables in my sewing room and love them. You can fold them up and move them out of the way when you don't need them, although mine seldom get folded up, they are usually covered with projects and fabric. I did not buy the large cutting mat, where would I put it when the tables are folded up?