Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have we talked about embroidery machines yet? >

Have we talked about embroidery machines yet?

Have we talked about embroidery machines yet?

Old 12-11-2007, 09:42 AM

mpeters1200,
All I can say is to visit some dealers as they have good used machines in all tlhe time. Make sure the dealer is reputable. I have had real good luck with Husquvarna machines. They have all levels of machines at all prices. Might go to ebay also and see what they have. Lots of dealers there too. I can't say anything about brother machines I have never had one, but you can buy a cheeper machine and if something goes wrong with it where are you going to get it fixed if it can be fixed. They make throw away machines these days. Isn't it better to save for a better machine and have something, for a long time? Janome is a good brand too. But again get a good dealer that will stand behind their product. tlcqultnut
Old 12-11-2007, 04:08 PM

I would agree with tlcquiltnut. Find a shop in your area that sells and repairs sewing machines, they often have vacuums as well. These people are very knowlegeable and know the machines and how to use them. They also know which ones break down the most often. They get used machines in all of the time and you can usually get a very good deal on them. Good luck in your search.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:44 AM

Sorry gals but can't think about embroidery machines after seeing that little cowboy with the darling expression in ddrobins1956 avatar. I just fell in love! DottieK
Old 12-12-2007, 09:33 AM

Hi...Since I live in mexico I don't dare to buy expensive machines that won't have a service where I live....
I bought few years ago the BrotherXR65 (paid 130 USD) and I am a happy quilter since then.....It comes with the extansion table, walking foot and the guiding line tool....also has the free motion foot and many other accesories.......(I don't think it has the disney designs)....
Its not specified as embroidery machine but has many build in stitches so it really allows me to do many things
I read some bad reviews about this machine but I am absolutlly in love with it....I am going to ask Santa to get me a long arm machine for next year......
.I am not sure if this information helps you...bu it can give you an idea ..good luck....
Old 12-12-2007, 09:44 AM

Thanks again everybody. I'll begin discussing with dealers after new years when I get my machine maintenanced.

Old 12-30-2007, 05:18 PM

I just a 730e janome embroidery machine. It's great but what they don't tell you in the ads is that if you want to download from the net you need special software. O bought it. $350 plus cost of the machine. I haven't received it yrt. don't know really what I can do with it.
I have been embroidering my husband's undies with his initials. JUst to practice. He is in heaven. now he wants me to do the pocket of his shirts. I really love the machine. Caveat. with this machine you need a regular sewing machine also.
ceegee