Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you ever been really excited about a new project? >

Have you ever been really excited about a new project?

Have you ever been really excited about a new project?

Old 02-17-2013, 06:17 AM

I agree, I am always excited when I start a new project. Most of the time I am using stash fabrics or scraps so I am never really sure what they will turn out looking like, but that doesn't dim that rush of excitement.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:28 AM

I always get really excited over a new project. I work on it feverishly until they are about 3/4 of the way finished and then I get bored and want to start something new. That is how I create so many UFO"s.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:54 PM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

Originally Posted by Furball View Post
I'm enough of a novice that I'm excited about every project. Almost all my quilts are charity quilts for children. Each one is a different pattern and a different FMQ pattern. I love each one while I'm working on it but I'm also always looking to the next one with great excitement.

Furball,
I do children's fabrics and quilts for Linus Projects or sick children I know of !! We are kindered souls, you and I. ! I stand holding yet another child's quilt.. so pleased with it's outcome because if it is not right, i use the seam ripper until it is ! so very nice to read your post ! Thanks for the note !
Old 02-17-2013, 03:26 PM

Reading post has been fun ! There are so many that feel the same way.. and then.. yes,, that is also how UFO's are made. lol.. thanks for all the posts !
Old 02-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Power Poster

yes that is why i have so many ufos see something just have to try it lol
Old 02-18-2013, 04:12 AM

I just got the book "The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt" and am very excited about lmaking this one - 6" blocks (I've never made a block this little), it's going to be 103x103 (king size) for a double bed, never done that before. It calls for 145 blocks plus the sashing and the cornerstones and the border. It is 111 different blocks. Should be a real hoot. I have never done templates before either and the book came with a cd with the templates and instructions. I figure maybe 2-3 a week and I'll have the blocks made in one year. I am not going to rush this one - It is a beautiful quilt. And yes I am very excited to start this one, but I am just as excited to finish the "Floating Stars" I am making for our next door neighbor for taking care of Miss Bess while my husband was in the hospital and I was with him. Special quilt, that one. Special neighbor!

Edie
Old 02-18-2013, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Edie View Post
I just got the book "The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt" and am very excited about lmaking this one - 6" blocks (I've never made a block this little), it's going to be 103x103 (king size) for a double bed, never done that before. It calls for 145 blocks plus the sashing and the cornerstones and the border. It is 111 different blocks. Should be a real hoot. I have never done templates before either and the book came with a cd with the templates and instructions. I figure maybe 2-3 a week and I'll have the blocks made in one year. I am not going to rush this one - It is a beautiful quilt. And yes I am very excited to start this one, but I am just as excited to finish the "Floating Stars" I am making for our next door neighbor for taking care of Miss Bess while my husband was in the hospital and I was with him. Special quilt, that one. Special neighbor!

Edie
Wow! Very ambitious! Best wishes to the finish line!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:03 AM

I'm with you Luvstoquilt I also have MANY UFO's. I have started finishing 1 before or while i am working on the new one. This helps me with chain piecing too. There is usually something i can run through to get the pieces free that i want to press.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:04 AM
QM
Power Poster

Often. Be sure to share as you go along.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:12 AM

There is a name for this disease.... It is called quiltitis and tends to be catchey, and often when you think you are well it will strike again. Beware!