Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you ever not wanted to cut into fabric? >

Have you ever not wanted to cut into fabric?

Have you ever not wanted to cut into fabric?

Old 06-24-2013, 04:06 PM

There is nothing wrong with letting the fabric "age" in your stash. As we speak I am making a queen size quilt all from my stash. I feel pretty proud of myself that I have everything I need on hand!

Colleen
Old 06-24-2013, 04:25 PM

I've used this simple pattern when I had some fabric I hated to cut up. It turned out very cute. http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/12/...ing-quilt.html
Old 06-24-2013, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by cmrenno View Post
There is nothing wrong with letting the fabric "age" in your stash. As we speak I am making a queen size quilt all from my stash. I feel pretty proud of myself that I have everything I need on hand!

Colleen
I had simply never found a pattern worthy of my fabric before. BTW, the 13 year old stuff in NOT my oldest st uff.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:59 PM

I used to have more of an issue with cutting up those very special pieces... till I was sorting one day and found a few special fabrics that now were not nearly a precious as I once thought... and the colors had gone from favor. So while I am in love with a fabric ... make use of it.. before you aren't so "in love" or even "in like" with a particular piece.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:45 PM

I have a piece that I bought when I was pregnant with my second daughter. I wanted to make a maternity top with it, then after she was born I wanted to make something for her with it. She turned 25 last week and I still have it!
Old 06-24-2013, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by sewplease View Post
I've used this simple pattern when I had some fabric I hated to cut up. It turned out very cute. http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/12/...ing-quilt.html
I have some Santa fabric that fits this to a T. Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:05 PM

I have several pieces like this -- I take it out, handle it and fold it neatly and put it away. Many of my pieces that are hard for me to cut into are Laurel Burch, though I have to say, one piece (not Laurel Burch) is 10 years old and while it may be out of style, I still love it. When I think of how old it is , I remember all the 30's prints that we still love today and don't worry about it. If it is colors and patterns that I love, I will hang onto it until I find the "perfect" pattern at a time when I am willing to hold my breath and cut into it.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by sewplease View Post
May have to change my mind and use my butterflies here.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:27 PM

I had some fabric I loved and couldn't cut it. Then I did a quilt for me and that fabric went on the back without cutting just trimming. .
Old 06-25-2013, 12:39 AM

I, too, have some FQ stacks I just can't bring myself to cut up. I just love the way they look, decorating my shelf tied up in that neat little bow!