Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Have you heard...New ACCUQUILT GO

Blog Entries
    He sounds like a keeper ! :-):-D

"My Go was a gift from BF, and I already have some dies picked out for Christmas, lol!"

Aw, Thanks, justme2, he is a pretty good guy! He knows I dont like fancy meals out, or expensive clothes,or jewlry....just fabric, lol!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berta48
    What is the difference in the baby go and the regular one besides the price?

I found the accuquilt go vol 1 with like everyting for around 900.00 I thought that was reasonable.
    The baby Go is smaller, of course, and will not take all of the dies that the regular Go has. For example, the baby Go can take only the 2-1/2" strip cutter die; it cannot handle the other strip cutter dies. If you scroll back in this thread, you will find a link to Accucut's chart listing which dies work with the baby Go.

I saw the Baby Go since I "like" them on my facebook and even though the price is good, I'm still thinking I'd like to have the original Go..

I haven't seen it mentioned yet....how long before the die gets dull and has to be replaced?

I may be aging myself :oops: but I remember, when I made my first quilt, I used some assorted sized squares that I had made out of cardboard cereal boxes. I laid the squares on my fabric and traced around them with a pen and then cut each of them out with scissors :shock: If I wanted to cut a strip then I took my yardstick and measured the width of the strip by putting marks on the fabric all along the length and then connected the dots and cut it on the line....with scissors...LOL!

I still remember the first time I saw someone use a rotary cutter (mid 1980's). I was in a LQS and needed fabric to make a ruffle. Not only did the owner cut the strip of fabric for me (I think she was enjoying her new toy--the rotary cutter, ruler and mat :mrgreen: ) but she also put it on her sewing machine and made the ruffle for me!! :shock: I was truly amazed at how fast the rotary cutter worked.

What is the difference in the baby go and the regular one besides the price?

I found the accuquilt go vol 1 with like everyting for around 900.00 I thought that was reasonable.
    the difference: GO! Baby is smaller and it will not take any of the dies that are the 10 in size, also only weights 8 pounds and easy to take to class or whatever. Best thing to do is go to their web site and read about them or watch the many videos they have. Hope this helps. Jenelle

Quote Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
    I haven't seen it mentioned yet....how long before the die gets dull and has to be replaced?
    I was truly amazed at how fast the rotary cutter worked.
    You would be just as amazed at how fast you can cut your pieces for a quilt with the GO!, Also, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but if by chance you have a problem or a question, their customer services is wonderful. They are right there ready to help. I don't think the dies have been out long enough to gauge if or when a blade will get dull. Well I guess if you don't use it the proper way it could cause damage? But I don't know why anyone would not use it the right way. Jenelle

Quote Originally Posted by qwkslver
    Caution though. It says not charged until shipped but it puts a hold on your bank account for the entire amount.
    Just curious where you read this? I have heard that they don't expect shipment until Nov and could even be by Dec. for the GO! Baby, But I haven't heard about holding anyone's money.

I LOVE my AccuQuilt Go! If the Baby works as well it is a great price. It does cost a bit for all of the dies, but for what you save on cutting and not having as much wasted fabric it is well worth it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ladydi64
    Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    Would love to hear some feedback on if its worth it from those who have them. If it is...will have to add it to my Christmas list...my kids can pitch in...
    Only if you have enough money to buy the dies and like wasted material. I looked into this before I bought the Altos' cutting board which was a little more expensive, but does not need dies and makes an accurate cut with no waste.
    Just wondering I looked up the Altos cuttingboard it looks much harder to manipulate than the Accucut Go. Is it?
    No it's not you get a CD with it to show you how to use it. I make better accurate cuts using this board then I did when I just used a ruler and a rotary cutter.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4