Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you made a Metro Medallion quilt? >

Have you made a Metro Medallion quilt?

Have you made a Metro Medallion quilt?

Old 01-04-2014, 08:33 AM

Default Have you made a Metro Medallion quilt?

If you've made a (metro) medallion quilt by Sew Kind of Wonderful - would you please private message me?
Thanks in advance!
Old 01-04-2014, 01:36 PM

I've made the Urban Nine Patch.. is there something I can help you with? I have a friend that has started the metro medallion. It's on my to do list. I love curved quilts.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:50 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

sorry cant help you with your question except to say that I have been contemplating buying the quick curve ruler after watching how easy it looks to use..and I love the urban pod quilt pattern too..but not sure as I dont want another ruler gathering dust..anyone talk me into it..lol...
Old 01-05-2014, 05:40 AM

I like the ruler a lot... but then I really like curve quilts. This is an easy curve. A friend of mine bought the ruler and she is now a curve making fiend too. It takes a little practice but once you got it, the curves work out great every time. Her blocks all do a cut down method so it makes it even easier to make her quilts. There isn't a ton of scrap, just a little but the blocks turn out great every time. I think you should go for it. My first qcr quilt was the Urban Nine Patch which is probably not the easiest way to go but it's the way I went. I always dive in head first!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:07 AM

I've order the ruler and the Urban Nine patch...waiting on delivery. I love both the urban nine patch and medallion and if i use the ruler for nothing else, i think i'm happy with that. blahel - she offers free shipping on the ruler on her site.
Thanks Deb - do you have a pic of your UrbanNP you could post? Love seeing her patterns done up.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:46 AM

I sure do. It hasn't been quilted yet. It's on my to do list for this week. I'm going to do a simple all over swirl since it is a double sided quilt. I made the Urban Neighborhood quilt to go on the back side. That wasn't intentional with the Urban/Urban name thing. I just liked both of the patterns so went with it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]454913[/ATTACH]

I'm planning to make an U9P wall hanging to go in my bedroom and that one I'm going to quilt the heck out of it and break out the fancy quilting skills. I have a lot of left over blocks because of not planning this one out very well I had too many of one color, not enough of another, cut out too many for this block or that. It was a hot mess to say the least. I don't know what I was thinking or not thinking... so I do have enough fabric left over to make a matching lap quilt probably so I'll hang that on the wall above the headboard. It will look really pretty there

I have some great ideas for making my own quilts using her ruler. I keep forgetting to see if there are any conditions for designing and selling patterns made using her ruler. I want to be safe and not sorry if you know what I mean
Attached Thumbnails urban-nine-patch-top.jpg  
Old 01-05-2014, 08:21 PM

wow...yarn or fabric i love your quilt..looking forward to what else you make especially your own designs..thanks for your advice re the ruler too and I may just weaken and order one!
Old 01-05-2014, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by WTxRed View Post
I've order the ruler and the Urban Nine patch...waiting on delivery. I love both the urban nine patch and medallion and if i use the ruler for nothing else, i think i'm happy with that. blahel - she offers free shipping on the ruler on her site.
Thanks Deb - do you have a pic of your UrbanNP you could post? Love seeing her patterns done up.
thanks WTxRed for your input as well but unless I am mistaken it wont be free shipping to Australia hence why I am hesitating a bit as it will cost about $30. I have found an online Australian site that sells it but wouldnt you know they are out of stock!They arent cheaper either but i guess it will get here quicker than if I order from her site. I probably will get the ruler and the urban pod pattern eventually and in the meantime finish off what I have started which is a t-shirt quilt for my husband. A bit hot to quilt here as 39 degrees Celsius today so might have some lunch and veg out and watch a movie then quilt later on. thanks again for your advice and remember to post pics of your quilts.