Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you noticed .. >

Have you noticed ..

Have you noticed ..

Old 07-06-2008, 12:17 PM

You are so funny. I do the same thing. I point out my mistakes. I was thinking of posting a topic. IS THERE A PERFECT QUILT? I don't think I've ever made one and I really really try to. But as the years pass I kinda forget what my bo bo was in that quilt. I almost made it a while back and then when I was snipping a thread I cut a slash in the fabric. a small one but still I almost lost it, It was completely done, quilted, binded and then oops. Keeps us humble doesn't it?
Old 07-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Banned

Aim for excellence, not perfection. It's a far more realistic goal. (Sometimes the goal is just to finish what I started. :roll: )
Old 07-06-2008, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by JCL in FL
You are so funny. I do the same thing. I point out my mistakes. I was thinking of posting a topic. IS THERE A PERFECT QUILT? I don't think I've ever made one and I really really try to. But as the years pass I kinda forget what my bo bo was in that quilt. I almost made it a while back and then when I was snipping a thread I cut a slash in the fabric. a small one but still I almost lost it, It was completely done, quilted, binded and then oops. Keeps us humble doesn't it?
Oh my gosh. I gotta ask......how did you fix it?
Old 07-06-2008, 06:44 PM

I did a little weave thing like I was darning something. Since it was a gift from the heart I was going to put a little red heart over it but I couldn't find it. I didn't spend lots of time looking and it was time to get it in the mail so I just sent it. I'm going to ask my sister to find it and I'll put the heart over it the next time I visit. I could hardly take the thing apart at that time but I do want to put the little heart embroidered thing over it cause I'm sure it'll ravel in time. There aren't many of us that actually remember darning but I did some when I was a little girl, came in handy that day.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:28 AM

I find that I use bold colors ... no whites or pastels in my quilts! And I love orange and black.
I've been quilting only a year and a half, and one of my two neighbor quilting friends has always told me DO NOT point out mistakes in your quilts (as she was trained). So I abide by her advice, but it sometimes requires some painful biting of my tongue.