Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help with bobbin shuttle cover & the shuttle race covr >

Help with bobbin shuttle cover & the shuttle race covr

Help with bobbin shuttle cover & the shuttle race covr

Old 04-21-2020, 02:10 PM
mkb

Default Help with bobbin shuttle cover & the shuttle race covr

I took my white 764 sewing machine shuttle out to remove a lot of lint and I can't get the shuttle body and shuttle race cover back together. The manual is not very clear. Can anyone help me?
Old 04-21-2020, 02:47 PM

I haven't used a White in years. Does your bobbin drop in or go in from the side?
Old 04-21-2020, 03:03 PM
Power Poster

You might try u tube. There are many sewing videos there about machines and how to use them
Old 04-21-2020, 03:13 PM
mkb

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 View Post
I haven't used a White in years. Does your bobbin drop in or go in from the side?
Thank you for responding. Drop in the shuttle body then the shuttle race cover
Old 04-21-2020, 03:25 PM
mkb

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 View Post
Thank you for responding. Drop in the shuttle body then the shuttle race cover
Old 04-21-2020, 07:34 PM

Welcome. Neat machine. We like pictures. Instructions on how to post pictures on QB can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
You will probably need to reduce or compress your pictures so that the file size is smaller than 1.9MB.

I downloaded a manual for your machine from https://www.singer.com/support and put in 764. There were some other machines in the results. I downloaded the W764. It looks like a classic 15 class hook shuttle and race cover. If I'm understanding correctly, you haven't been able to get it back together. I don't know if I can explain it very well, but will try.

Raise the needle bar to the highest position.
Take the post of hook shuttle in your left hand so the hooky, forky (of course, these aren't the technical terms, but most descriptive LOL) type end is at the bottom
Kind of twist post of hook shuttle so the aforementioned end goes around the race end (the crescent moon shaped part).
Once the hook shuttle is arranged around the race, you should be able to place the race cover over with the notch at the top (closest the needle plate).
Twist the clamps over the knobs on the race cover.
Load bobbin case with a bobbin as instructed in the manual.

Should you download the manual, the diagram shown on page 30 of the pdf is an exploded view of the assembly,

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Old 04-21-2020, 08:36 PM

When you look at the bobbin area, there's a metal half-circle. That's the driver. It pushes the hook around. When you put the hook in, it will complete the other half of the circle. It doesn't snap in, it just sits on the ledge. The ledge is called the race. When the hook is in properly, it will "kiss" the hook at the top. There should be a tiny space between them. Then put the race cover back on, with the "teeth" facing toward the machine. In Google Images, it looks like you have 2 tabs, one on each side of the race cover. They flip onto the race cover, onto a raised nub, and that will hold it in place.