Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help me finish my daughters quilt >

Help me finish my daughters quilt

Help me finish my daughters quilt

Old 02-01-2016, 07:28 PM

Default Help me finish my daughters quilt

My 35 year old daughter, Kari, was just beginning her second quilt when she was killed suddenly in a car crash in 2013. At the time, her husband gave me totes of crafts and fabrics and I just finished going through them. She finished one square and had several strip sets sewn but there was no pattern or instructions with it. I'm wondering if anyone knows the name of this quilt and/or has the pattern for it. I would love to finish it in her memory.
Attached Thumbnails img_5503.jpg   img_5504.jpg  
Old 02-01-2016, 07:57 PM

First let me say how sorry I am for your loss. I'm thinking each of the blocks will have a design made of the purple mottled fabric. Of the sets you have in the second picture It looks like you need one of the bottom set, I see one already cut in the stack(call it row 4). Then you will need a set that has three mottled in the center, you'll need two of those( these will be row three and five). The set in the middle that has just one mottled in the middle will be rows 2 and six. Rows 1 and 7 have no mottled in them. I'm counting the rows from left to right. Don't look at the different purples, just look at that one purple mottled fabric. Lay those out and see if they match. Good luck.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:04 PM
Power Poster

So sorry for your loss! (Hugs) It kind of looks like it could be the start of a Bargello.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:18 PM

I am sorry for your loss. I don't know the design, the colors she chose are lovely.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:46 PM

Hugs in your loss. Looks like a Bargello, has she any Bargello books which may contain the pattern. Beautiful colours.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:20 AM
Power Poster

I am too so sorry for your loss. I admire you for your courage of trying to make this quilt in memory of your daughter. She really had a talent for picking out these lovely fabrics. I think you need to look in any of the quilting magazines she might have had. I have seen the center design before but not with the squares in the background. Sorry to say I have never seen this design in any Bargello book. I drew this on EQ7. I am not sure how many blocks you can make from the strip sets or if there is any fabric for the borders. Also the width of the strips finished size is. Hope this helps you.
Attached Thumbnails caris.jpg  
Old 02-03-2016, 03:40 AM
Power Poster

I'm so sorry for your loss! Don't know what the pattern is, but like the colors.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:44 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know nothing can take the pain of losing your daughter away, but let me say that I'm proud of you for finishing her quilt. I think it's a great way to honor her memory. (((((hugs)))))

I love the colors. I can't help you with the pattern, but please post pictures and share with us when you're done. If you need some emotional support to help complete it, don't hesitate to let us know. It's a wonderful community here. Welcome to the board!
Old 02-03-2016, 05:57 AM

I'm so sorry about the loss of your daughter. However you finish the quilt, it will be a treasure.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:38 AM

This must be a very difficult task for you, but it will be a great tribute to her memory. I was deeply touched by your story and send my heartfelt sympathy. Good luck in this labor of love.