Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help me quick!!! >

Help me quick!!!

Help me quick!!!

Old 03-05-2011, 06:19 PM

I would have tried Shout first, but then I always have good luck with it. My MIL said when she used Oxy-Clean that it was very hard on their clothes. I was pinning the Sunbonnet Sue quilt for my DGD last night and stuck myself on a pin. Wouldn't you know that the blood dropped on the white fabric, not any other color. Anyway, it came right out with cold water.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:51 PM

You can also try dish soap (not dishwasher). It gets out a lot of stains. I think you will need to use some type of soap to get it out. Good luck.

You'll get it.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Country1
Originally Posted by PurplePassion
Seems to me there have been alot of helpful dear husband posts on here...that cause something to be spilled on quilt projects or have washed a quilt that they shouldn't have. If it were my situation , I would lock the sewing door and make the sewing area off limits to everyone.
Would never lock my DH out of anywhere I am!!!!!!!!!
We enjoy our time together! :roll:
I wouldn't either mine sat and sewed right along with me. A very precious time that was. Try bar Fels napha
Old 03-05-2011, 07:06 PM

Redi whip in the spray can..is a miracle worker as well.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:12 PM

Now I soaked it in ERA with enzyme stain fighter and also peroxide, and that didn't help. So I pulled it out of the washer and put the peroxide on it directly and that is sitting now. The baby shower is tomorrow and I can't decide what to do if I can't get the stain out. Should I give up and dry it, finish the binding and give it to her with a note that I need it back so I can take it apart and put new backing on it? The front of the quilt it fine, it didn't soak through. Or just give her a note explaining what happened and make her a new quilt?
Old 03-05-2011, 07:25 PM

Oxyclean!
Old 03-05-2011, 07:26 PM

OMG I would be so upset. I would finish it up and then put a note in it and explain what happened and get it back and make it good.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:36 PM

What would it look like if you just tea stained the entire quilt? You wouldn't have a crisp white anymore but would the front of the quilt look ok with it? You don't say what the other colors are but maybe an old fashioned look would work. Would have to do it after you put the binding on to keep it even but just a thought.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:50 PM

I have gotten almost anything out with Oxyclean and an enzyime additive and HOT water. However I would not use that unless the quilt is finished. Peroxide is a bleach, so be careful using it on colored fabric. I also have soaked things in Oxyclean overnight and it took the stain out. Husbands can cause a lot of trouble trying to be sweet. He probably feels terrible.
Sue
Old 03-05-2011, 07:56 PM

I have found that you have to get stains out before you wash them because it seems that the washing sets them. My granddaughter 2 years old wrote with a marker all several blocks of a Wedding Ring Quilt I had taken years to make for my DD. She brough it to me. I put palmolive dish detergent (white is best but green works) and kept blotting it then I ran water through it. Soaked it with Palmolive & washed it. A little stain was left so I dipped it (not soaked) it in a strong bleach solution and the rest came out.

I would try the bleach on this but just try dipping the back in the bleach water and then scrub with your fists and see how it works. Maybe a little piece at a time.