Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Honey, could you please go to the basement and get the pliers so I can...

Hope you heal fast!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ugh....ouch...did not see that coming...hope you heal quickly!

So sorry about your OUCH. I'm such a klutz at so many things but thank goodness (knock on wood) so far I have been able to keep my fingers from being impaled. I have gotten them stuck on pins in fabrics (causing the air to turn blue) and that hurt so can just imagine how much pain would be inflickted with a needle!! Hope you heal quickly.
    Families are like old quilts....although they tend to unravel at times...each can be stitched back together with love.

Oh, you guys are making me get that squeamish feeling all over!! I've done the sewing machine needle, thousands of pins and many, many rotary cutter slices... First aid kid in the cutting table drawer for sure - but I hadn't thought about the pliers before. Great tip!!
    -Chris-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blessed are the children of quilters, for they shall inherit the quilts....

It does not do well, Harry, to dwell on the dreams....and forget to live. - Albus Dumbledore

Ooooh weee! That hurts! I've done it too! Sewed right through my left pointer fingernail! OUCH!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

I've been there and done that - not once but twice. Both times I was sewing late at night and was just getting too tired. The first time I really panicked because the needle broke and I couldn't find part of it. Thought it was stuck in my finger, but found it in the fabric.

Yeeeeooowwww!
    Being skinny isn't easy, so I gave up and opted for being sexy instead. (aunty acid)

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    oh no blood ? good thing on white fabric ! LOL .. Hope you heal soon !
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Ouch! I feel your pain! I hope It is feeling better.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
    Ouch, I feel your pain. I stitched the end of my thumb yesterday. I had my fingers too close while trying to make sure the binding was where I wanted! Hope your finger is okay.
    Eons ago, when my DS was in grade school, I was going on a field trip with his class to the zoo. I was sewing before it was time to go, glanced up at the clock to see how much more time I had & sewed not only thru my thumb, but thru the actual nail. No blood. Yikes! I was scared to pull the needle out, for fear that blood would start spurting all over the kitchen, but I knew I couldn't take a gaggle of 5th graders to the zoo with a needle sticking out of my thumb, so I pulled it out. No blood... none. No pain... none. I kept expecting "the other shoe to drop" but all these years later, nothing. Whew!

I'm glad you survivev your run-in with Mr. Needle!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

When I read these posts about needles in the fingers I sew really slow that day...sew far, sew good.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2