Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How many finished quilts do you have?

Blog Entries
    I have so many quilts made that I have bought those plastic zippered bags to store them in. My closet is filling fast. I did sell one the other day. Hurray! But, I think I may need to get a bigger closet. I've gifted a few and donated one to raise money for a sick child. So, what do you do with all the quilts you make?

Blog Entries
    I have given away all but one wall hanging, the only wall hanging I've ever made. All of the rest were bed sized.

Blog Entries
    I gift them.

I don't have any. I usually make them for gifts with the recipient in mind, or baby quilts to donate. My neices and nephews keep getting married or have babies so they keep me busy! I bought the fabric for a quilt for my bed and now one of my neices announced she is engaged!

only one......and it/s made of old fortrell clothes....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by #1piecemaker
    I have so many quilts made that I have bought those plastic zippered bags to store them in. My closet is filling fast. I did sell one the other day. Hurray! But, I think I may need to get a bigger closet. I've gifted a few and donated one to raise money for a sick child. So, what do you do with all the quilts you make?
    I have gave lot to rescue mission and also give them to benifits.

Including wallhangings I have at least 26. I have 7 hanging up in the house & several that I rotate seasonally. I have 7 or 8 bed sized & the rest are lap sized.

I only have one. Typically while I am working on one , someone comments on it , or I start to thinking it would be nice to give to .... so I send them off to live with someone else. I have no attachment to them once they are done. For me it was the process, so when its done, it needs to go.

i sell mine, i have only kept 1 quilt in 8 years of quilting and thats only because it was a gift i gave to DH.

i can't imagine keeping everything, the costs of fabric, batting, notions, sewing machine, long arm is so expensive and to never get any of that money back would make buying very difficult.

i have no problem buying things for quilting because its my business (my only source of income) and i'll make my money back plus some.

None. Mine have all been either for charity or gifts, but am in the process of finally getting to something for ME though. LOL

I have 10 and I have gifted 10. I only started quilting 18 months ago. So I average about one a month.

Blog Entries
    way too many and many more to do, patterns to try, have never tried selling any.

Store your quilts in cotton pillow cases if you don't have them out, but they will dry rot in plastic bags if they don't get air. Even then you need to get them out every 6 months or so and lay them out on a bed for a couple of days. Quilt museums store theirs laying flat in huge drawers. That would be the very best.
    Quote Originally Posted by #1piecemaker

I have a couple that were my children's that have stayed home, but all the rest have been made for someone special, so are gone. My hubby occasionally asks when I will get the one done for our bed, and I tell him it's on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by sewcrafty
    None. Mine have all been either for charity or gifts, but am in the process of finally getting to something for ME though. LOL
    Me, too! When I go to one of my friends house, and see it stuffed with quilts - everywhere, I can't help but think that it would be wonderful to share those with others...like her kids, grandkids, etc. Instead, she likes to keep the majority of them herself. So they're stored away, or displayed (it's WAY too crowded now). No, or very little, gifting from her.

I gift mine, or donate them, so only have a very few that are being used. My hubby says he would like for me to keep more, but I so like to give them away to friends and family that appreciate them - and then there are the soldiers, who also appreciate them. I guess I prefer to share!

Blog Entries
    finished pieces, I have 5 bed/lap quilts (2 of them are my daughter's and are in her room - do they count? LOL), 6 large wall hangings (over 40" on a side) and 6 small wall hangings.

6 of the wall hangings are going into a shows starting in a couple of weeks.

I've also given away/sold more quilts than that.

I have completed about 25 lap to queen size quilts. I have given away about 6 of them. I think of them as my children. very difficult for me to part with them.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaR
    way too many and many more to do, patterns to try, have never tried selling any.
    ditto

Too many to count! and Yet I keep making them and giving most of them away as gifts and charity.

My kids and Grand daughter all have a number of quilts as do I. I have given a lot away too.

Quote Originally Posted by sewcrafty

Please post pictures would love to see what you made for yourself
    :)

Blog Entries
    I will have one. As soon as I finish the six gifts I am working on for my grand and greats (children), I will finish the very first quilt I ever started. I was looking at a Frabric Trends magazine in Wal Mart and the picture was the first one. I love the pattern and fabrics I chose and I want it for a summer quilt for our bed. I satify my desire to create and to share with my afghans and quilts. I enjoy making them if I have someone in mind during the process. I am making an afghan in the evenings while sitting with my DH watching tv. I keep having thoughts about what will happen to it since I already made one for everybody in the family. I hate having things stored away. My DH says he hates to see me give them away after all of the work I do on them, but they are my things to do with what I want. He understands my desire to give. He says that if we ever won the lottery, we would have to win really big because we would only have what is left after I give so much away. lol I think I will be donating my creations to charities by next year.

bj
    I have one that I made for my husband. Now that my grandson is living with us, he has 3 blankets and 4 quilts I've made him and his folks have one each (2). But when they find a place, those will go with them. :-)

I give a lot of mine away to family, charity or friends. I only have three for our bed which i change periodically. I have also sold a few. Gave some to soliders also. I have three scrappy quilts that need to be quilted right now and who knows ??? who will get them. No storing quilts in this house. My wallhangings also are given away but I have several that are seasonal for myself. I want people to enjoy them and I just like the process of making them.

I have well over 100 (all sizes) in the spare bedroom closet. Don't know how many I've given away. I change the quilts 'on display' in my house every couple months. I've become picky about who I give quilts to; nothing bugs me more than seeing a quilt being used at the beach for a blanket!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast