Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilting projects do you have going at the same time? >

How many quilting projects do you have going at the same time?

How many quilting projects do you have going at the same time?

Old 02-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Power Poster

Well I could list them but then I would have to think of them all and that would be depressing. I will just say ....several.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:13 PM

I'm not sure exactly how to put this................................I don't have time to count!
Old 02-01-2013, 11:06 PM

Well, today, alone I quilted 2 small quilts, sandwiched a king size quilt and 2 lab size quilts, quilted another baby quilt and trimmed all three. Tomorrow I will be stitching names on 3 more baby quilts and hopefully binding the three I quilted today so for the moment I am working on 9 quilts. I have 4 more WIP's that need quilting (not including the 3 I just sandwiched) Hopefully I can get to those in the next couple of week. Many many more that are UFO's (those being projects I have not touched for over 4 months)
I almost always have at least 4 or 5 quilts going at a time.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:51 AM

Well, let's see. There's the "birth"ed quilt on the sewing machine waiting for mahine quilting. There's the just finished baby quilt top hanging on the door waiting to be sandwiched. There's the sandwiched and basted stack and whack (years old!) partially (minimally) hand quilted waiting to be quilted and bound. There is the "bed in a bag" zippered plastic bag holding the many quilt tops begging to be made into quilts. And as someone earlier said, there are those in my head bursting to get out. It's as my signature says "One step at a time, always forward." That was my high school class of '58 motto. So I just press on. Good luck to all. This is what gives us purpose.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:01 AM

Your post made me laugh Pyffer3, because it sounds so familiar. When I was in the States last year I saw this cushion, and had to buy it:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]392562[/ATTACH]

I counted my UFOs and not-yet-started projects last week, and there were 32 of them! I'm a butterfly, moving from one pretty flower/quilt to the next. But I do need to have more than one on the go because of a tight budget: I sometimes have to put what I'm working on aside to wait till I can afford more thread/batting/fabric, and at those times it's good to have something else to pick up. But I probably don't need to have 31 others to choose from! I'm determined to focus on getting some of them finished this year.
Attached Thumbnails 250113-004.jpg  
Old 02-02-2013, 04:11 AM

I am currently working on a scrap quilt. But I have three or four quilt tops waiting to be quilted. I also have a lot of embroidered squares of various themes (Oriental, Alaskan, Sunbonnet Sue, Cowboy) all waiting to be made into quilts.

I have "kits" that I put together myself by setting aside the magazine or pattern and the specific fabrics I purchased for each quilt.

I really don't need to buy ANY more fabrics for a few years if I would only start working on what I have stashed away in my studio.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Power Poster

Oh my you guys are good!! I am so narrow minded I can only handle one project at a time!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:04 AM

I have a BOM in paper piecing, a baby quilt in the piecing stage, and an ongoing stained glass window paper piecing. I have 1 baby quilt sandwiched and ready for FMQ, a queen size garden maze and a 52 " x 52 " BOM both ready for sandwiching. A zillion ideas in my head and more fabric arriving daily. Thank goodness my husband understands. I do not start another quilt top when I have one on the go except for the BOM and stained glass and when I reach 5 items for FMQ - I stop and get them done!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:06 AM

Oh, can I join the club? I have several quilt tops that need quilting, however I'm working on a queen-sized quilt for our bed. The one we are using now is really for a double bed, and is too small for the both of us to cover up with comfortably. Then there's the QB BOM (crazy patch heart) that want need to start..haven't picked out fabrics for that one yet. And then there's the two lotto blocks for the quilting guild that I need to make. Looks like I better get off here and get busy!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:08 AM

I have a pile of quilts that need to be quilted( I ran out of batting so had to wait). I have the batting now and found myself making 3 more baby tops and quilting them and I still haven't touched the ones that are already done. I have many projects started, some I got bored with and some just got pushed to the side because something better came along...lol.