Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: how many quilts have you in the closet

Today, I had to get something out of the cupboard where I keep quilts. I decided it was time to refold them, I have never counted how many quilts I have, so I decided to do just that. Including those folded up in cupboard, ones on my quilt display stand and the ones used every day on beds and in my living room as throws or cuddle quilts, I realised I had 34 quilts. I do change the ones around on the stand and in the living room, although the bed ones stay the same. I cannot begin to count the ones I have given away as gifts but it must be in the region of 30 over the years.
    How many have you in your home?

I've never counted but quite a few. Not as many as I have of unfinished ones though.

:lol: After posting this I realized how similar yet totally different our avys are.

I don't have as many as you do, but I probably have 6 large lap quilts and 5 baby quilts. I have about 10 table runners, though. I change the quilts around for the seasons. I've given away many of my quilts to family and friends.

bj
    I only have 3 that were made by me. One is my DH's Texas Tech quilt and the other 2 are my grandson's. I have other store-bought ones, maybe 5. I give most of mine away to friends, relatives, or charity.

Maybe close to that but we have a alrge house hold. I have one quilt on the wall and one on a stand. There are about three or 4 in my closet. the rest is on beds, some use more then one since it is winter time.
    The ones I made and gave away must number in the hundreds.

I have only 1 and 1 on the bed. Have 2 in the making. Looking forward to lots of quilting in the New Year.

I have at least ten large quilts in matching pillowcases folded in my cupboards, two on each bed for another ten, three on the couch, five on two quilt racks, eight that my MIL has made and three in my DD's cupboard which she has made. Then there are at least seven antique quilts for a total of 46 quilts and I've probably missed a few. I also have more than 30 tops in various sizes waiting to be quilted. I guess I have a lot more quilts than I thought.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    Holy Man, I dont think I will ever reach those numbers...

One on a bed (guest room), three on the sofa and chairs, and two in a cedar chest. That makes six, until I finish another.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I collect Orphan vintage quilts, so with those, mine and the family heirlooms, I have over 50 on inventory!

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    I have a few but I have more ufo's than anything!

Zero! I want a pile of quilts of my own. My Gran has an ample supply and I love picking one to curl up under to watch a movie or for extra covering on a bed. I have other blankets, but no quilts for me!

8 only 3 that we use regularly

One on the bed two in the cedar chest, 2 ready for gifts, 3 unfinished. :D

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Close to 100, no joke. Most are antiques though. I am passionate about antique quilts!! But I haven't bought any this year at all. I think I have too many...........

Banned
    Currently only 24 (completed) and unfinished 7 tops also 6 WIP

Blog Entries
    none! i have an endless request list from family and friends. i never seem to get caught up and make me one.

My house is virgin quilt territory at the moment so I'm looking forward to honing my skills and draping my masterpieces (I can dream can't I) artistically around.
    Annie

In the closet? None. One on the couch, one on DD's bed, one in the making. But I've only made 5 (including the one I'm making now)...I'll catch up. :lol:

To those of you who store quilts in your cedar chest: That is not a good idea as the acid inthe wood will damage your quilt over time. The best storage place is in a pillow case on a shelf where they can "breathe". Or in a chest that has been treated with polyurethane. This will protect them. Never, never store them in a plastic bag. Refold them from time to time. I have learned the hard way with some I made several years ago and didn't know any better.

Blog Entries
    I'm really not sure how many finihed ones I have or UFO's I know there are 22 finished ones on the spare bed plus one WIP that I am quilting on have not counted the rest throgh out the house I have 2 waiting to be quilted and many kits and others in various stages

Blog Entries
    I have five quilts that I made plus one that I won in a raffle. I use all of them. Plus one that I am working on and one UFO to be quilted next. I have also made and given away approximately 35 quilts to family members. They were all hand-quilted.

Let's see -- the one that was a wedding present to my parents
    (1928), one made by my MIL,one a gift to me, 3 bought in the hills of TN, 2 gifted to me by a friends widower, 2 on beds, and 4 WIP. Do I get to count the ones in my head also?

I only have 3 at home on a rack-grandkids each have one and some two-one son and a daughter has one. I made her wedding dress and bridemaids dresses- I used the left over material and put pictures of their wedding on it plus her two kids when they were babies. Just finished a t-shirt quilt for a grandson for Christmas and have two lap quilts to do for my son.

Blog Entries
    I have a quilt box full of quilts made by my dml - and some packed in the closet - and all in need of getting out and refolding again - I do this about once a year - and no way will ever use all of them - many are just remembrances of her - and at 92 she is still quilting - one just more beautiful than the one before.. and now I come along with making quilts - I have none to show for that I have made - have given all away to family and friends so far. I want to make what I call the flower garden shadow box quilt for myself one day - made that for my nephew who is an avid flower grower - and he just loved it - his wife says it is way too hot for her to sleep under, but he loves it. I have made quilts for the babys and I never took pictures or kept records of how many I made; one day I might set down and try to think back and put it in a record book - I have pictures of recent wedding quilts and baby quilts but over the years, I'd make the tied style of baby comforters, and those were so appreciated by mothers who had winter babys.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast