Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How many WIP and UFOs do you have?

I've been trying to get things done and get a list of what I have in progress so I know what I have.

Right now I have 6 quilts actually in progress. There are 13 that are finished tops ready to be quilted and another 4 that are either block of the months or shop hop quilts that are all bagged together ready to start.

My plan is to work steady on the 6 that are in progress right now before I start something new.

I should be able to start sending some of the tops off to be quilted after the first of the year. (Christmas has to be paid for first)

Blog Entries
    WAY too many. Thanks to the QB I now have even more. lol

Blog Entries
    i no longer count. i ran out of my own fingers and toes, and the dog won't stand still long enough! :shock:

i can only tell you they literally fill the trunk of my car. i know because i took them with me on a trip once to show them off to a friend. AND i just had to buy more sets of plastic drawers at wallyworld. :roll: :lol: :lol:

I have a king sized quilt for the man who made my gazebo (we traded services - I mean skills :oops: ), two 'themed' twin sized quilts for his grandchildren, a guncase for the tech teacher at school who makes my acrylic templates, a SunBonnetSue wall hanging, 7 Christmas stockings for a girl scout troop, just finished two blocks for different swaps and not quilting, but have some patches and badges to sew on a GS sash. Other projects are a bottle of Hunter's Red wine and some pretzel crisps with Black Diamond extra sharp cheese.

Blog Entries
    Oh hon, i can't count that high!!!! they are everywhere but i just made myself a promise to get to them. next year!!

I don't talk about it. LOL

It is impossible for me to count what I have. I have many projects started and many, many kits just waiting.

Read my "off the bridge 'post then anyone who has any idea how many ufo they will feel like well organized folks :oops: :oops: :oops:

Bluebell - you sound just like me - I don't want to start counting, and I have many kits to do.

My problem is time - I work fulltime and quilting and sewing is something I can only fit in when I have a spare moment - but I am a teacher and I get school holidays every ten weeks or so, and in those two weeks break I get sooooo much done!! Last holiday I got 3 quilt tops finished, 2 bags, 3 runners and some blocks ready for a BOM I am doing.

Five weeks and I am on holidays again!!!! And this is my summer break - it is longer - five glorious weeks!!!!

I am slow enough to start with but now I seem to spend so much time on the QB I have less time for sewing!

I have WAY too many quilt tops here. When the weather turns cold I'll sandwich them and quilt them. (By the way, I have been saying that forever) I'll get them all done someday. :D

Let's not go there. :roll:

too many here too!

They do say that admitting you have a problem is the first step to resolving it! :P

I normally keep a good count and it helps keep me on track. My sewing room is just too small to be clogged up with tons of UFOs.

I have stopped counting - but unfortunately that doesn't stop me from buying fabric...... and beads ....... and patterns .......
    My husband says he is going to start a group - JAFA - JoAnn Fabrics Anonymous.

Colleen :wink:

Well, I don't feel so bad now! I have 2 small pieces from classes, 1 embroidery and 1 applique, to sandwich and quilt and 2 pillowcases. Also have one Downy baby quilt, got it Thursday and almost complete, leftover blocks from a charm quilt that I love and will make another one.
    Now, I won't count all the kits I have. I made a vow not to purchase any additional kits or fabric until I use up most of the kits I have now. Just don't have room for any more. We live in a micro apt!
    I usually have the tops quilted as I make the larger quilts. I like to machine freehand the lap and baby size ones.

If I count them I'll start to feel guilty!! :)

Blog Entries
    WAY TOO MANY!

I still have my 'first' quilt to finish. :oops: I started quilting in 2003. Took a 101 quilting class at LQS, top done, back done and binding ready. Why I have not finished .... I don't know.:oops: Over the years I have finished many and have many that landed in the UFO pile and then there is the PHD's (projects half done) and we won't go into the PIGS (projects in grocery sacks).

And then there is the every growing scrap pile that is overflowing my sewing room. I have done three large throws and it doesn't look like I touched my scraps. So I have MANY scrappys that are on my "one of these days" list.

I keep telling myself.... FINISH, finish, finish ...... and then a pattern, fabric or mystery quilt or some other excuse comes along and there the UFO's sit. :roll:

I just have one WIP... I actually should be doing my quilting stitches instead of posting on here and surfing the web..lol

I feel like the loan outsider here because I don't have any. I tend to be very methodic (some might call it anal retentive :oops: ) and finish each project after I start it. But I love to buy fabric and patterns with the intention of making something. If we're counting patterns or saved web links to patterns, then I'm well over 20.

The closest thing I've got to a UFO is a ball of yarn attached to some knitting needles. I bought them thinking that I'd teach myself to knit and did indeed practice a few rows of stitches. Now it's just bundled together in a bag on my shelf. I could never figure out how to purl. :evil:

Bev
    I've got a large bin labeled UFOs, and another one labeled Orphan Blocks. Whenever I'm between quilts (ha-ha), I work on something out of those bins. There are probably 12 to 15 UFOs, & quilts waiting to be hand quilted, plus a zillion Orphan Blocks. But little by little I'm getting to them. I realized on my last birthday (ugh!) that my time is running short so decided to finish what I started and not leave them for my Guild buddies to do it as so many others have. 8)

We have 17 tops in some stage of completion, most of them just lacking borders. We have one project pinned and ready to quilt on the machine, and one project almost finished with hand quilting. The new quilter is set up in the old spare bedroom with practice fabric and batting. We have doodled with it, but we really need to practice some specific quilting designs - Christmas is just a few weeks away!

We don't count fabric waiting for a pattern, or patterns waiting for fabric. If we haven't cut the fabric, it isn't a UFO yet.

Darren

Tx cutie Would you believe I have a daughter like you. Every thing in place God Bless you.

Too many to count!!! If I did cound I would probably cry because I have to have at least three done for Christmas presents!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TX_Cutie
    I feel like the loan outsider here because I don't have any. I tend to be very methodic (some might call it anal retentive :oops: ) and finish each project after I start it. But I love to buy fabric and patterns with the intention of making something. If we're counting patterns or saved web links to patterns, then I'm well over 20.

The closest thing I've got to a UFO is a ball of yarn attached to some knitting needles. I bought them thinking that I'd teach myself to knit and did indeed practice a few rows of stitches. Now it's just bundled together in a bag on my shelf. I could never figure out how to purl. :evil:
    Well TX, you and I must be kindred spirits. I never finished anything I started until I started quilting. I would get interested and inspired, realized I stunk at it, then give up. Piano, crocheting, plastic mesh cross stitch, cross stitch, scrapbooking, painting ceramics...lots of stuff.

I liked my first, and only, quilting class so much I knew this was what I wanted to do. I have 3 wips that I just finished the tops and they'll be ready for my kids to unwrap at Christmas. I'm sewing on the binding of my first quilt for commission. I have one UFO. It didn't start that way, but now it's turned into a QFH (quilt from he**). If I can keep cranking quilts out and know I only have one UFO, I'll be good. Once I have the 3 tops into quilts, I'll be ready to start my next project.

I don't have spare fabric. Never spare room or spare money. I usually buy all the fabric I need for the top, then pick a backing when it's done. But I do have a collection of patterns and potential quilts in my internet bookmarks and my head.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast