Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: how much time

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DeneK
    Since I retired, I usually go out to my quilt room around 8-9 AM until noon. And almost every day. Ain't it grand to be retired? You bet!
    Yes, retirement is grand! Do what you want, when you want and how you want.

Blog Entries
    I'm either sewing or quilting about 7 hrs aday.

Blog Entries
    I try to sew some every day. But lately it seems that Life has gotten involved and is preventing me from sewing. But, come Tuesdays I sew for 5 hours straight when I go to my sewing group. My sewing machine is still sitting in front of my couch where my hubby set it when I came home from sewing on Tuesday and its just waiting for me to sew something on it. Sometimes I think I hear it crying to me and yelling at me saying "Your a bad mommy just leaving me sit over here all by my lonesome with not even a spool of thread on me to keep me company or for me to play with."
    I probably should at least pick it up and give it a little hug as it has been very good to me. But there are days that I will sew from the time I wake up till the time I go to bed and even then, sometimes I will wake up in the night to sew.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rdorminy
    I agree with those that said "Not enough". My quilting room is in my basement and I'm down there almost every day. Some days from right after breakfast, a break for lunch and before I know it it's dinner time. I would probably be down there in the evening but I feel I need to be around the pup doggie and the hubby a little bit. I have so many projects going that I work a little on each and that way I don't get bored. Works for me!
    This sounds like me

I use to get a lot more done when my husband worked 4-midnight. I would put the kids to bed and then sit and sew until he got home from work just about every night. Now that he works 8am-4pm I don't have that alone time in the evening/night to get stuff done! However I don't mind giving up the sewing/alone time to have him home with the kids and I in the evening.

Blog Entries
    Math is not my strong point, I can't even average how much time I spend sewing. A lot depends of the erratic schedule of everyone living in the house. Our exchange daughter resides in the room adjacent to my primary sewing room. She is a university senior, majoring in International Relations, Phi Kappa Phi, studies hard. I want to respect her need to concentrate, so avoid sewing in times when she is sleeping or studying. Hubby works swing shifts, and that puts the machines in the vintage room out of service, as they are next to our bedroom. Unless I have a project on the long arm, which is in my office on the lower level of the house, my early mornings and late nights are here on the computer. I write, design, or read about quilting. By the time they get up, I'm on the sofa for my morning nap. LOL When I'm home alone, it's sewing non stop. Then, I have MY life too. Retirement was something I left behind with my Army career over 25 years ago. Now, as the 4-H lady, I'm always on the go. I enjoy working with the kids, teaching them to cook, sew, craft, enjoy the out-of-doors, and how to prepare for their future independent lives as functional citizens. Sew when I can squeeze it in.

Also work full time but, do take some time most days if not to quilt to visit my fabric.

Vat
    I sew/quilt everyday, I too am retired, it's wonderful. But we really stay busy, with both mothers in assisted living we spend lots of time back and forth checking on our mothers and to doctors' appointments etc. etc. I don't how we had time to work. Just better planning I guess. We have been married for almost 42 years and no, I don't feel guilty. I do plan hand work for most evening when we watch TV. But he watches lots of TV, if I visited with him while he is watching TV I'd NEVER get ANYTHING/SEWING done. HA HA

I try to do something every day, even if only for 15 minutes. Am on break between quarters so make sure I do several hours a day!!(lost my job, so decided I needed something new, so went to college and surprisingly, a lot of ppeople my age are doing the same thing!! :))

I am also retired, DH passed away several years ago, it is just me and 11 yr. GS who is in school all day, so I can be in my sewing room all day every day if I choose.

I have a couple of things going right now but nothing finished

I could quilt all day if I want to since I am retired. Usually it is 2 to 3 hours a day. I stay on this computer way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
    Not enough!
    Amen to that

I don't have any set time frame, usually when I don't have anything planned or between laundry or something. Hard to say but, I do try to do a little each day

Blog Entries
    Here lately, I've been getting nothing done. The seasons are changing. I've been cooped up. Gotta spend a little time outside.

Blog Entries
    My day: Up at 8 -8:30 am. 9am -12pm read Quilting Board and do responces. Go to gym, work out for at least 1 1/2 hrs. Run errands (if needed) while out. Home and in sewing room again looking at this board. Try to con by DH into fixing dinner so I can sew (he wants to know what I've been doing all day that I can't make dinner lol). If con succeeds I start sewing, if not then I've got to wait until about 7pm to get back into sewing room. Oh wait there's some responces to the responces I made earlier - gotta read em! Now I'm exhausted and just ready for some boobtube time - can't miss House, Glee, American Idol, Bones, Criminal Minds, Murphy's Law, Fringe, etc, etc, etc. WAIT A MINUTE WHO ASKED THIS CRAZY QUESTION AND CAUSED ME TO EVALUATE MY DAY :hunf: ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    I am home by one everyday and straight to my sewing room when I can. I used to hate it when my husband closes at his work. which is only one night a week. but now I love it..lol. i spend all eve. in there sewing

Definitely not enough!! I do it when I can, and try to work it around other family things. Would be nice to have a several hour block of time--oh what I could accomplish! :)

Blog Entries
    No special time or day, probably 4-5 hours a week.

i only sew during the week if i'm not too tired from work and the weekends i sew as much as i like...i don't feel guilty because it's constructive, life is short, and they bring joy to the people i give them to and myself...sew on!!! :thumbup:

some days-all day. Other days after I get my stuff done in the rest of the house, maybe only an hour or two. If i have a project that needs to be done right away, everything else slides until it's finished. I try to sew some every day.

My husband goes to bed at about 8:00pm every night and I try to quilt for about 3 hours then. Sometimes during the day, too, if nothing else has come up.

Some days a lot and other days not at all. I have to be in a sewing mood or I make too many mistakes.

For me I usually am most productive after my daughter goes to bed (8pm) and just after she catches the bus (7am) for an hour or so. I work swing shift but on my days off I am usually always in the sewing room.

Not nearly enough. Evenings mostly after dinner is done, dishes are washed and the stupid phone has quit ringing. Then, if I get involved, I may quilt until Midnight.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast