Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: And how was your day?

Blog Entries
    My day was wonderful. Well I'm talking yesterday-today is just starting. I was able to go to the NW Quilt Expo Portland, OR and spend most of the day walking around with two of our board members. We enjoyed all the quilts and vendors. Did a Costco and grocery shop on the way home. Decided on my way the car should be washed - made a quick right hand turn and- oh so nice- I sat back and relaxed for the three min. during the wash. After the car was unloaded -while putting away the groceries made a quick macaroni salad and then decided to enjoy the last of the 80 degree weather! I then fired up the lawn mower. You all have to realize we live in the country. So at about 4:30 I would mow one lawn since DH wasn't home from working the tasting room yet. Well at 5 he still wasn't home so I thought I could do one more while I still had some energy left. Then 5:30 came around so I kept going and needless to say I was able to mow all three lawns (2 1/2 miles later) Oh they look so nice and ohhhhhhh I was so tired! Had a very eventful day with alot accomplished!

Quote Originally Posted by DebraK
    lol, my mommy was useless.
    My Stepmom was a career woman who wanted to learn to sew. I taught myself to sew with my Gram's help. Then I taught my StepMom. She managed but never really did catch on to it.

Blog Entries
    Oh how I love your way of describing things! I laughed and laughed because I saw myself in everything you said!

cathyvv.........if you attack all your problems with the same humor, you are not insane.....just very funny. I needed a laugh this morning and you certainly provided it...Thanks.

You guus are so funny Today was a week ago my mom who has alizhmers and had to move into an assisted living home last year turned 85, she never sewed so when she lived with me and I started learning quilting I taught her she made quite a few scrapy bed quilts that she machine peiced and hand quilted and I have some of them the other went to grandkids and greatgrand kids but I really feel blessed that we had this time together because now she thinks that I am her sister and that makes me sad, I just wanted to thank this board for all the antidotes about mishaps and mommy stories causey we neve know what wii happen next to momma
    retiac

Blog Entries
    You are too funny!

Cathy, I am so like you. Every thing you wrote, has and will happen to me. I am too stubborn to give in and let it go. But I do throw my wicked little block away after too many tries, but I go back and start a new one. Mostly I let things set a day or two and then try again with much more success. I do have dementia so things are hard for me at times. My mother and I were never close, but in her last few years, she taught me how to hand quilt and now I am a third generation quilter and my DD is a fourth generation quilter.

Thats me !!!!!!

One thing you can fix is the strings clinging to the babking of your quilt by buying a pet hair sticky roller. It will clean it up quickly. :thumbup:

One thing you can fix is the strings clinging to the backing of your quilt by buying a pet hair sticky roller. It will clean it up quickly. :thumbup:

i would guess most of us identify with this!

Blog Entries
    Your post started my day off with a good laugh and a "sounds familiar"!!

Momma said there'd be days like this!

Cathy,
    Welcome to my world!!! :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

Quote Originally Posted by ruthieg
    Cathy, I am so like you. Every thing you wrote, has and will happen to me. I am too stubborn to give in and let it go. But I do throw my wicked little block away after too many tries, but I go back and start a new one. Mostly I let things set a day or two and then try again with much more success. I do have dementia so things are hard for me at times. My mother and I were never close, but in her last few years, she taught me how to hand quilt and now I am a third generation quilter and my DD is a fourth generation quilter.
    Ruthieg, I have to admire the tenacity and courage you show when you start a new project. It can't be easy for you!

I started teaching my granddaughter how to sew this last summer, but then my Mom's condition deteriorated very quickly. We just didn't have the time. I hope that we can pick up where we left off next summer. If she picks up quilting, she will be 4th generation quilter, too. She's more artistic than I am, so if she gets into quilting, I might see some really amazing work from her. It's really nice to pass down a skill and interest through generations.

Take care!

Thanks so much for the great laugh and the quick dose of reality because it sure does happen to us all. But I have to give you kudos for not giving up and continuing on with that dang block cutting and alignment. Mine would still be sitting there waiting or would be misaligned for sure! :D

My mommy took completely apart a dress I made in 7th grade. I did a great job on the dress, but when it came time to model it.....opppps to small. 50 years later, I still can't make a dress to fit....so a quilting I will go.

lol I'm a skilled artist also

This is an amazing group of people. I started to say women but I think there are men quilters on here too ;)
    Anywho I am so glad I found this group.
    Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday.

thank you for that. i knew i was "normal" too!

np3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cathyvv
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    I miss my Mommy. She would do the parts that I didn't like, like the binding. If I waited long enough she took it home with her and it was magically finished. Now I have to do it myself and I don't think it is fair!!!!

Well, now I want your Mommy, too!
    Still laughing!!!!

Thanks for the smile!

Power Poster
    Well Cathy at least you're persistant. My mom did nothing creative. I did have an aunt who sewed and showed me how to make some simple clothes one summer. :thumbup:

This post just cracked me up. Thanks so much for the laugh. I really needed it after reading about the bed bug infestation!

Blog Entries
    Love it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast