Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HQ Sweet Sixteen >

HQ Sweet Sixteen

HQ Sweet Sixteen

Old 04-06-2011, 05:07 PM

Does anyone have this machine. I like the idea of being able to sit while quilting..also I was watching the video and they were showing these templates you use to get the design on your quilt. Your foot just follows the stencil. Does anyone know if you can use these on any machine. This would solve most of my problems if they will work on my machines foot
Old 04-06-2011, 05:12 PM

I don't have an answer but jsut had to tell you that I LOVE your avatar picture! My very first "baby" was a Sheltie. My dad gave her to my ex and I as a wedding gift. She was literally the BEST dog I've ever owned. So very smart and sweet. You furbaby is beautiful!! :D

Originally Posted by wvhill22
Does anyone have this machine. I like the idea of being able to sit while quilting..also I was watching the video and they were showing these templates you use to get the design on your quilt. Your foot just follows the stencil. Does anyone know if you can use these on any machine. This would solve most of my problems if they will work on my machines foot
Old 04-06-2011, 05:17 PM

There are a few threads about this machine on patternreview.com. It's been a very popular machine and it seems everyone loves it. http://sewing.patternreview.com/Sewi...ns/topic/57552 This is just one of several.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:18 PM

Oops, wrong thread!
Old 04-06-2011, 05:36 PM

I was with a friend who got one at the IQF in Houston in 2009. If I were going to get a quilting machine it is the one I would be looking at just because it doesn't hog space like a long arm does and I am already used to moving the fabric rather than the machine!

My friend loves hers...I just wish she lived closer!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:49 PM

I have the room for my HQ 16 and love it. Just wish I had more room so it could be the full 12 ft expanded.

Those I know who have the Simply 16 love it.

HQ has great support, too.

ali
Old 04-07-2011, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by AliKat
I have the room for my HQ 16 and love it. Just wish I had more room so it could be the full 12 ft expanded.

Those I know who have the Simply 16 love it.

HQ has great support, too.

ali
do you know if those templates can be used on a regular sewing machine
Old 04-07-2011, 05:30 AM
Power Poster

do you know if those templates can be used on a regular sewing machine
Sounds like you are talking about Groovy boards and they can not be used on a regular sewing machine. Most of the groovy board designs are taller then 6" to 9" which is what most DSM harps or throat space are so you would not have enough quilting space available to you to complete the design. Groovy boards are meant to sit on the racks table or shelf at the back of the machine and you need the stylus that sets in the board to follow the design. I think you need at least a mid-arm like the HQ 16 to use them.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:25 PM

no in the video she was moving it along her sewing foot which I think she called the foot a hopper. it looks like the same kind of foot i use for embroidery
Old 04-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Power Poster

no in the video she was moving it along her sewing foot which I think she called the foot a hopper. it looks like the same kind of foot i use for embroidery
OK now I know what you are talking about. Yes you could use those kind of templates with a regular machine if it is on a rack. You wouldn't be able to use them if you were FMQ without a rack because you need both hands to move the sandwich around under the needle but if you had a rack setup with a DSM on the rack you would use one hand to hold the template and the other to move the machine that is in the carriage. Those templates are really expensive though.