Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husqvarna,  4D system, 5D system >

Husqvarna, 4D system, 5D system

Husqvarna, 4D system, 5D system

Old 12-14-2011, 08:19 AM

I will have to check out this machine, never heard of it
Old 12-14-2011, 11:00 AM

Hi, I have the 4D pro upgraded from the 3D. Love it. Would have to seriously compare it with the 5D to see if I would really be ahead of the game.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:27 PM

What is embird, never herd of it.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:43 AM

I have 4D Professional and use it all the time. There are parts I do not know how to use but take a class every month to learn more.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:00 AM

http://www.vsmsoftware.net/Registration/3D/Updates.htm for anyone with new computer that still does not have the patch for 3d software to get in through Windows 7
Old 09-10-2013, 09:24 AM

I agree with jeank(from pg1) and go with Embird( www.embird.net ) will tell you all about the program; there are other sites that sell the program for all less than what the home website does. It will do everything that the other programs do, and even if you buy tutorials to learn how to better use the program, you still won't come anywhere close to what 5D cost! I had Pedesign for years along with Embird because Embird could do things PeD couldn't. Now I have a Viking emb machine and I am so glad I have Embird because I don't need anything else. I can pull apart designs, change colors, convert formats of most of the major formats except .art and the other Bernina formats. And for re-sizing designs and adjusting density of a design, you can't get a better program than Embird to do that! There's a free demo that will let you see what the program will do, it doesn't really work so you can't save a design and use it but it will give you some idea how the program works. And there are great Yahoo and Facebook groups who are great for answering questions. Chris
Old 09-10-2013, 09:30 AM

And I forgot to mention, if you're not interested in learning how to digitize; you only need to buy Embird Basic. It will allow you do everything I mentioned above but not digitize. And that is what is so nice about Embird, only have purchase what you want! There are other parts of the program that you can purchase like Iconizer and Font Engine but I've not purchased them so I can't say anything about them. I have had Embird for nearly 15yrs and wouldn't take anything else even if it was given to me. Chris
Old 09-10-2013, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
I just got the Ruby but havn't gotten the money to get any version yet and I don't see that changing in the near future. I was lucky enough to get the machine on payments so it'll be awhile before I get any software. Right now I'd take any version if I could afford it just to start learning. From what I've heard I'd buy the mid range one; the cheapest one for 5D does very little and I doubt that I could afford the professional level. I've been told what all it can do and I'd love to be able to play.
Wow, how things have changed. When I wrote this I would have never imagined that now I'd own a Diamond Deluxe instead of the Ruby and I do have the 5D Pro, I knew I didn't want the reg because I don't like limitations but never thought I'd get the pro but after attending a session with the Viking Educator and seeing what all can be done, I'm so glad I got the pro. Now I'm waiting to see how much of a difference 6D is and the cost for the upgrade. Sounds good so far. They come out with the new one plus several machines on the 16th and have been offering free upgrade to version 6 if you bought 5 now. I'm so glad I got my new machine and got a great deal and also my software. Very slowly starting digitizing with it and my store is setting up a retreat in Jan for digitizing in the hoop. We just had our first 3 day retreat and made a beautiful quilt from Smith Street Designs.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by nabobw View Post
I have 4D Professional and use it all the time. There are parts I do not know how to use but take a class every month to learn more.
Do you know you can go to mrpatience.com for lots of free videos on 4D and 5D plust they offer classes that you can pay for too. I've done most of the freebees more than once. along with going to the learning center on Vikings website. Also if you go to your computer under programs, 5D emb and then main modules, you can all of the books that come with the software but they offer so much more than the printed out copies that you get.