Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I am free! All scraps are gone!

Blog Entries
    Wow that is nice of you. I know I have some fabrics that I get sick of (don't shoot me) but I've looked at them over and over and just can't decide what to do, I've given some to my best friend, my granddaughter etc. But I would love to start all over. I might have some to give away too as long as folks are willing to pay the postage or maybe my local goodwill will take them, just don't know what to do but I do like your idea. I would just like to feel FREE again too lol

I don't know how but I have made 4 quilts in the last few months from scraps, and the containers barely seem dented. What are those scraps doing when I"m not looking??
    My hats off to you, wish I could get to that same happy feeling when all the scraps are gone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyAire
    Quote Originally Posted by CompulsiveQuilter
    I am free! All my scraps are gone! I packed up 3 LARGE priority-rate boxes for QB members. To get that many, I went through 3 liquor boxes and a half-full zip up comforter bag, cutting everything into 3x5 bricks and squares to make (several) flying geese quilts. Everything unwanted and smaller than that was given away. Small! But there were tons of people who wanted them. It takes a long time for a scrap quilter to have enough scraps to give away, but I feel so clean and happy now.
    It would take three boxes of liquor for me to get through all of that................. :) :)
    I'm with you! :lol: :lol: :lol: If you get to missing your scraps, I have some I can send you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziC
    Good for you :!: :!: :!:
    Ditto:-)

I thought it but you said it. That was so funny. What am I without my stash

Blog Entries
    Three bottles of bourbon.

I am free! All my scraps are gone! I packed up 3 LARGE priority-rate boxes for QB members. To get that many, I went through 3 liquor boxes and a half-full zip up comforter bag, cutting everything into 3x5 bricks and squares to make (several) flying geese quilts. Everything unwanted and smaller than that was given away. Small! But there were tons of people who wanted them. It takes a long time for a scrap quilter to have enough scraps to give away, but I feel so clean and happy now.
    It would take three boxes of liquor for me to get through all of that................. :) :)

I just did the same thing Only I only sent to One QB member, He will defineately put it to good use!! I love giving to others, Paying it Forward always comes back to you 100 times over

Blog Entries
    Wow Thats Great!! Good for you.

Blog Entries
    I don't really have that much stash in the sewing room---it is the cluttery "things" that I have accumulated through the years that I can't get rid of because they remind me of who gave them to me or I remember where I was when I got it and who was with me!

I am making a strip quilt then my scraps are going to go..I am tired of looking at the same fabric..strip after strip..but my 3 sacks don`t seem to go down..no matter how much I sew..I do get tired of the fabric that I have..sometimes I wish I did not have so much..but then with fabric going up..maybe I will be glad..our goodwill will not take fabric..last week I gave 6 grocery bags to free cycle..they seemed very appriciate to get it..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wolph33
    Quote Originally Posted by pennijanine
    LOL You are so funny!! But I would have to agree with you!!
    lol ditto
    My question is, how did you get all those little scraps into the bottles! LOL

I love my scraps. I make scrappy quilt but the stash of scraps never seems to go down. I don't know whether to be happy or sad. It just never ends....

Blog Entries
    YaHooooo!! It'll never happen here. I just keep making more.

Blog Entries
    So what did you do with the liquor?

I have a large bin full, plus a few big bags, I have been trying to make some scrappy baby quilts for charity. Everything is on hold while the house gets packed up to move:(

Blog Entries
    Our church is fortunate to get donations of fabric and scraps. Well I am the keeper of scraps and I am in seventh heaven. I am working on two bags full and I just love seeing all the surprise fabrics. I love ironing them, cutting them into 10, 6, 4in blocks and 2 1/2 strips. I could do this all day.

Quote Originally Posted by luvstitches
    Sometimes I wish I had NO fabric at all. I love to go to fabric stores and buy the latest with a pattern in hand and then go home and make it. If there are any problems, the quilt shops would still be able to get more fabric in or still have it on their shelves. I also wouldn't have a huge storage closet in one of my bedrooms. Maybe I should do what you have done. Thanks for the inspiration.
    As a maker of charity quilts for children in crisis all my quilts are made from scraps. I'm on social security so buying fabric is rarity. I rely on people that are willing to part with their scraps.

Where r u taking your stash to? I am a newbie with little fabric send to me I'll pay postage if interested pm me. Thank you

Way to go.
    I cut up scraps all day today myself, but to keep.

I collect fabric, period! My sewing room is full of it, and I have so many projects I want to complete. But when I get ready to start cutting, it seems I need new, different fabrics than what I have!

Blog Entries
    Good for you, I need to do that, I have started cutting mine into different size blocks but I have a long way to go.

congratulations , sounds like a job well done !!

I hope to accomplish that with all my scraps someday. :roll:

me too

(smile) now your organized WTG

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast