Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I am a pathetic fabric and notions addict!

I was cleaning out and rearranging my sewing area and I kept finding more and more fabric, patterns, etc. I finally decided I was more than addicted. I think I might have to go to a 12 step program to stop this madness! LOL

np3
    Blog Entries
    Join the club!

Blog Entries
    LOL another one gets bit by the bug (quilting bug that is) :D:D:D

Some quilters plan a quilt and go out & buy their stuff. Others collect fabric & think "what can I do with this". Both styles work!!

Banned
    You're one of many
    I like to think all the money I spend keeps America safe for democracy

Me Too! I was thinking about getting rid of some stuff. I'm having anxiety just thinking about it..but I'll NEVER get thru it all.

Im really bad too!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Your not an addit. You just collect fabric and notions. At least thats what I tell DH. lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    I'm right there with you..I cleaned up my room this weekend- Hubby got me more storage and new lighting so I had to clean up and move stuff around.. I found at least 8 packages of OLFA 45mm Rotary blades the 5 pk ones.. five of the 60 mm, 5 pks..Three un-opened rotary cutters.. Man o Man, my list goes on.. Found templates I never new I had.. Yikes!!

Blog Entries
    I'm part of the club too! And it doesn't help when folks on this board post sales they've seen.

Blog Entries
    We all have lots of things in the quilting books, fabrics, notions, gadgets, you name it we have to have it!

I am glad that I am not alone. The really sad thing is that I had given my two sisters and niece each a huge plastic bin full of stuff. I guess I better get busy.

Is there a cure for it? The adds at the bottom of my page is Become a Drug Counselor, Drug Rehabilitation, and Drug Rehab Treatment... It does not mention our sickness. I am overloaded with fabric and love every piece of it.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualbernie
    I'm part of the club too! And it doesn't help when folks on this board post sales they've seen.
    YES!! I guess we are just a very co-dependent group who all need a 12 step program we know we'll never do :D:D:D

From WI then Denver then Houston and now Hainesville, IL
    Quote Originally Posted by gollytwo
    You're one of many

Oh my GOSH! What a GREAT way of thinking!!!

I never knew I was so PATRIOTIC!!
    ;)

I had to find a way to keep myself organized. Sometimes it takes me forever to get the right fabrics I want for a certain project so I made a book to carry with me. It was a small photo album from the dollar store that I covered (Michelle's quilts in progress). I keep swatches that I have grouped or fabric I love and am looking for coordinates. Others are pieces of paper with a projects type and measurements that I am looking to find a fabric family. I also keep a wishlist, a must have list, pattern numbers I want when they go on sale plus coupons and such. It has made a big difference on what I get accomplished.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mmonohon
    I had to find a way to keep myself organized. Sometimes it takes me forever to get the right fabrics I want for a certain project so I made a book to carry with me. It was a small photo album from the dollar store that I covered (Michelle's quilts in progress). I keep swatches that I have grouped or fabric I love and am looking for coordinates. Others are pieces of paper with a projects type and measurements that I am looking to find a fabric family. I also keep a wishlist, a must have list, pattern numbers I want when they go on sale plus coupons and such. It has made a big difference on what I get accomplished.
    There's always one show off in the family! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by virtualbernie
    Quote Originally Posted by mmonohon
    :)
    There's always one show off in the family! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is no program for us quilters...just more fabric sales!!

I do it to prop up the economy. It's the least I can do.

A while back after I cleaned up my quilt room, I determined I had enough fabric to make quilts continuously for the rest of my life (especially if it's a long one).
    I decided I wouldn't buy any more fabric until I had reduced my stash by a lot. Ha Ha :lol: All it takes is to see a really good sale and find fabrics I like, and I buy, buy, buy!!:mrgreen:
    But, all I have to do is look at the overwhelming volume of fishing supplies my hubby has, and I feel fine. He has never said one word about me buying fabric. He even bought me a new sewing machine for Christmas last year.(One I would never have spent so much money on!)
    All in all, I don't consider myself an addict. I am a well supplied hobbyist! :D :D

I like the well supplied hobbyist label, Ditter! The organizer is a good way to have fabric samples with you. Very nice!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gollytwo

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

Hello, my name is Suzan and I'm a fabric addict.

Hello Suzan........I'm Patti and I'm a fabric addict. And I love it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast