Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: I am a quilter

  1. #1
    Super Member feffertim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Desert Hot Springs Ca
    Posts
    2,522
    Blog Entries
    14
    I am moving out of state next week so went to Dominoes to get some pizza boxes for my UFO blocks. I explained to the cashier that I was a quilter, and it made me feel so proud that I got say that. I didn't even know how to sew two years ago, I've come a long way baby. I packed my machine two weeks ago and am having severe withdrawal. DOn't know if this site helps or makes it worse. LOL

  2. #2
    Super Member JenniePenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    4,514
    You are a quilter and you deserve all the praise and pride for saying it. Good luck on your move. I hope you get to sew again real soon.

  3. #3
    Power Poster erstan947's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    12,168
    Blog Entries
    47
    You are most certainly a QUILTER! Just know that soon you will be able to get back to your fabrics. Hope your move will be smooth and uneventful:)

  4. #4
    Junior Member qltncat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    164
    Congratulations on being a Quilter. It does feel good!

    Suggestion: The first day you feel a little overwhelmed with the move, take a break and get to a Guild meeting in your new town. If no Guild is available, enroll in a class. If no class is available, stand on a street corner with a sign, "Help! Quilter In Need!", and lot's of quilters will stop and take good care of you.

    Linda

  5. #5
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,958
    It feels wonderful to be a quilter. I hope the move goes well and you are back to quilting very soon.

  6. #6
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,891
    Blog Entries
    5
    Best wishes on your move. Hopefully you will be sewing and showing again really soon.

  7. #7
    Super Member soccertxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Glendale AZ
    Posts
    1,520
    nice to meet you Quilter! You are lucky that pizza places by you will let you have pizza boxes. I cannot get anyplace by me to even SELL them to me. Funny that in this time, I cannot even buy them. I have resorted to plastic scrapbooking boxes I find at Michaels on sale from time to time. So, Whats IN the pizza boxes! Tell tell!

  8. #8
    Super Member feffertim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Desert Hot Springs Ca
    Posts
    2,522
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by soccertxi
    nice to meet you Quilter! You are lucky that pizza places by you will let you have pizza boxes. I cannot get anyplace by me to even SELL them to me. Funny that in this time, I cannot even buy them. I have resorted to plastic scrapbooking boxes I find at Michaels on sale from time to time. So, Whats IN the pizza boxes! Tell tell!
    Dominoes sold me two large boxes for $1.00 A bargain I think. They are full of squares for three UFO's, a cathedral quilt, a cats in my garden quilt and a F & P asian looking quilt.

  9. #9
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,854
    I too like the pizza boxes for WIP. I bring them home and put contact plastic on them, to make them all pretty! Have an assortment of sizes, to fit the projects!

    Makes it nicer when I'm taking the pieces to LQS or for a Show and Tell!

    Add an extra long shoe lace threaded thru the box top and bottom and you have a nice way to tie the boxes shut safely. PLus you can slide your squares in under the thread to hold them in place.

  10. #10
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cypress, Texas
    Posts
    4,743
    Have an easy move. Just think of all that pretty fabric waiting for you to get busy with again!

  11. #11
    Super Member babyboomerquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,732
    Blog Entries
    3
    Its really fun to quilt. I'm into alot of different crafts, but quilting is NUMBER ONE!

  12. #12
    Super Member Doreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    El Paso Tx
    Posts
    1,431
    Good luck on your move! Where are you going? Moves can be so stressful.

  13. #13
    Super Member feffertim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Desert Hot Springs Ca
    Posts
    2,522
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Doreen
    Good luck on your move! Where are you going? Moves can be so stressful.
    I am moving from West Virginia to California.

  14. #14
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    Yes, you ARE a quilter :D:D:D
    Wishing you a speedy and uneventful move!!

  15. #15
    Senior Member SewMomma66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    491
    Take this time to think about all the new wonderful projects you can start in your new place. First on the list is a nice wall hanging for your new sewing room/area to celebrate the move and new beginning!

  16. #16
    Super Member katiebear1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    lexington ky
    Posts
    1,282
    Quote Originally Posted by feffertim
    Quote Originally Posted by Doreen
    Good luck on your move! Where are you going? Moves can be so stressful.
    I am moving from West Virginia to California.
    Oh my! that IS a move! all they across the country! We moved from Denver , Co to Lexington Ky 14 years ago. The moving Co took all the major stuff , but we still drove out in a Rider Truck with a trailor with our Pickup truck on it and our daughter following in her car with 2 dogs and 2 cats. We had one more dog with us. Sounds like a disaster right? But it all went smooth as silk. The key is in the planning. If that is done toght everything will fall into place. Good luck on the move and happiness in your new home. God Bless

  17. #17
    Super Member feffertim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Desert Hot Springs Ca
    Posts
    2,522
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by katiebear1
    Quote Originally Posted by feffertim
    Quote Originally Posted by Doreen
    Good luck on your move! Where are you going? Moves can be so stressful.
    I am moving from West Virginia to California.
    Oh my! that IS a move! all they across the country! We moved from Denver , Co to Lexington Ky 14 years ago. The moving Co took all the major stuff , but we still drove out in a Rider Truck with a trailor with our Pickup truck on it and our daughter following in her car with 2 dogs and 2 cats. We had one more dog with us. Sounds like a disaster right? But it all went smooth as silk. The key is in the planning. If that is done toght everything will fall into place. Good luck on the move and happiness in your new home. God Bless
    Thank you so much.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.