Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am a scrappy quilter.... >

I am a scrappy quilter....

I am a scrappy quilter....

Old 07-07-2012, 11:42 AM

Default I am a scrappy quilter....

and for the second time, I spent time looking through all 148 pages (I think there were only 135 pages the first time I read it) of the scrappy quilt thread started by grammy Dwynn.
If you haven't been there, or don't like scrappy quilts, I urge you to take a few minutes and look at the first 4 or 5 pages. You will be hooked!!! I was wishing for a basement bathroom around page 100, but couldn't tear myself away! My bedtime is usually 10pm, but I turned my computer off at midnight.

Anyway...the quilts are so inspiring! I especially liked (I loved them all!) the one on page 3 by thimblebug6000 (post#23). The block is the Sunny Lanes Block from www.quilterscache.com. Sooooo, this morning, despite having bazillion minus one UFOs, I dug out all my 2-inch squares and started making the scrappy four-patches for the block.

She has a few quilts pictured...it is the one with the interrupted white diamonds in it.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t135936.html

I forgot to say...I added some pictures of a few of my scrappies, too! They're on page 148.
Attached Thumbnails four-patches.jpg  

Last edited by emlee51; 07-07-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:50 AM

If you use your 2" squares as "leaders and enders" ala Bonnie Hunter of "Quiltville", you can get those 4 patches done while working on another quilt. Just keep them next to your machine and do a pair every time you end a row! It's amazing how many you can get done.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Power Poster

I would use the 2" squares for another quilt. I don't nee leaders or enders and don't use them. I have a straight stitch only machine, don't know if that makes a difference or not. I love scrappies also.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:44 PM

Emlee, I'm so glad I saw this post. Just a few moments earlier, I had counted out one hundred 2" assorted squares (classified as light colors) and was going to offer them in the free section. But I'll just send them to you because it is what you're using right now. I will send you a pm.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:49 PM

The Scrappy Quilt show thread is my all time favorite. I too go back and stroll through all the photos. So much inspiration .
Old 07-07-2012, 04:31 PM

i love that thread and scrappy quilts also. emlee i saw the quilts you posted and i like the quilt you referred to. looking forward to your progress postings.

me, i think i am stuck with all things postage stamp size. i am working on two psq's now but have 2 more in my mind.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny View Post
Emlee, I'm so glad I saw this post. Just a few moments earlier, I had counted out one hundred 2" assorted squares (classified as light colors) and was going to offer them in the free section. But I'll just send them to you because it is what you're using right now. I will send you a pm.
Thanks, JenniePenny, that's very nice of you! Answered your pm...
Old 07-07-2012, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pinkiris View Post
If you use your 2" squares as "leaders and enders" ala Bonnie Hunter of "Quiltville", you can get those 4 patches done while working on another quilt. Just keep them next to your machine and do a pair every time you end a row! It's amazing how many you can get done.
Sue, I usually do leaders and enders, but doing it with 9-patches, and these are 4-patches. Sometimes just the monotony of doing the chain piecing is relaxing for me. I love BH's site, and practice her scrap control. I'll still do the 9Ps while doing the 4Ps!!
Old 07-07-2012, 05:55 PM

I have been coming here a long time and hadn't seen this thread - thanks for sharing! I love scrappy!!!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:29 PM

Ditto what pumpkinpatchquilter said! So glad you posted this! Past my bedtime - still looking at scrappies!