Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I am sick...my quilt was lost or stolen

I made a pinwheel quilt for my cousin who is battling breast cancer. I sent it on April 2, 2011. The package was delivered on April 5, 2011 in the afternoon. My cousin never received it. I am afraid that someone stole the box.

I am so sick. My heart hurts. I don't know what to do. Yes, I insured it, but the quilt cannot be replaced.

If someone stole my cousins quilt, I hope they rot in hell.

***I know now that I should have sent the quilt where she had to sign for the box. Stupid me!!! I KNOW better! My cousin is having surgery next week (maybe a double mastectomy) and I wanted her to have the quilt. Thanks you all for your kind words.***

I am so sorry this has happen to you. Hope it is found.

I am so sorry--the carrier should know something about where it was delivered? Unless it is in the city....
    I have a fabric box missing right now--PO says delivered--recipient says not!

I agree- there's nothing worse than a thief!

Blog Entries
    I feel so bad for you, I hope it shows up!

Blog Entries
    My heart goes out to you. I can't even imagine your frustration.

Awww sorry to hear!!!

I am sad for you - I did have a quilt lost in the mail for a couple of months; last scan was in a post office and no insurance on it. It ended up back at the senders, the label had fallen off so the post office opened the package and found the address inside the box. I do hope your quilt shows up.

That's horrible! I'm soooo sorry, hope it shows up!

Banned
    I feel so bad for you and your cousin. I like to be a sweet, generous person, but I find myself in the "I hope they rot in hell" gallery. The theft of the quilt is such a loss for you both.

I'm so sorry! I hope you find it!

I pray it will be found and delivered to the rightful recipient.

I am so sorry to hear this - I will pray for your cousin and for the quilt to be found quickly.

Blog Entries
    Lately when I have ordered things that ship USPS they require a signature/deliver confirmation. I think that is really only the safest way to do it. I have to show ID at the post office if I am not at home to accept it. It's only a couple of extra $$ to get that service....and well worth it if it keeps the quilt from getting lost or stolen!! Our mailman will not leave anything on the porches in our neighborhood...he said that some things ended up missing, so he takes it all back to the PO if he can't get an answer at the door. He's a good guy!!

Sorry about your loss. I know it must be heartbreaking!!

Blog Entries
    So sorry to hear that. Do you have a picture you can post?

What a heartache, especially as it was for your cousin battling breast cancer. Prayerfully it will show up.

Blog Entries
    Do you have a picture of the quilt? If you do, call the local newspaper and see if you can have a picture posted in the lost and found section. If someone did take it and re-gifted it you might get it back that way. Just an idea. So sorry. And I hope your cousin is doing well. Its a difficult battle but much easier with family that cares.

Blog Entries
    I do hope that you find your quilt. That is a sad thing to have happen to a work of love.

That's why I always send stuff so the recipient will have to sign for it. Or else they have to go to the post office to sign for it. At least they get it in the end.

Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Furza Flyin
    Do you have a picture of the quilt? If you do, call the local newspaper and see if you can have a picture posted in the lost and found section. If someone did take it and re-gifted it you might get it back that way. Just an idea. So sorry. And I hope your cousin is doing well. Its a difficult battle but much easier with family that cares.
    That's a great idea ~ can you call a local radio station near her that is "talk radio" or something? I would look up her local news stations (like fox, abc, cbs) and those stations should have a website... call them or email them... send a picture, they would probably do a mini story just because of the nature of it!!!

I feel your loss....a gift shop borrowed one of my quilts for display, and being a generous soul allowed it to go. When time came for the shop to close, my quilt was missing. Lots of stories about where the quilt might be, what happened to it, blah, blah, blah....I know what you mean about insurance and not being able to replace. Sure we can get the monetary value back, but the quilts can never be replaced. Good luck in finding it. Hope it turns up.

Something to think about, many towns this happens in. postman delivers and leaves package pout by a mial box... That happen to me three times re: my eye medications in the heat of Nevada summer. We acutally had to pay for a box at post office to ASSURE our packages were not left curb side. I am so very sorry about your quilt... Is there any way we here on the board can hlep you put it back together piece by piece. I am not a real good quilter, Am willing to make a block.. No it would not be the same as YOU making it, BUT all the same it will be made in love from people who have caring hearts. We care how you feel as your important to all.. Please let us know.... Tell us some colors... let us help you not hurt??? ((((hugs)))) You did a nice thing thinking of your cousin as you did.... :)

I am so sorry, I would be sick as well.
    Last week, we had a package sent to us with delivery confirmation and when i checked the tracking number, it said it was delivered, but we hadnt received itm we checked all the doors and nothing...I called the PO to check, and he said it was a sub mail carrier working that day, he'll ask him if her remembers that package, of course i didnt hold my breath for that. The next day, one od our neighbors brough it over, and said it was in their box :!: go figure!
    Maybe it was accidentally delivered to a neighbor? Can your cousin check with them? Does she kniw any of them well enough to ask around?

awww, i too am in the "rot in hell" group. Hopefully it shows up. My thoughts will be with your cousin.

I am very sorry, Hope it is found very soon. O.K., on the count of three let's all say a prayer that this lost quilt will be returned and a blessing upon the person who returns it.

Blog Entries
    Sorry for the loss.
    I hope it can be found.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast