Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I couldn't be the only one

This whole "work" thing is getting in the way of my sewing! You get a job and they expect you to come back EVERYDAY! Hello.....I have quilting on my mind I can't be productive in the finance department. 6 years of college and all I can think about at work is pretty fabrics........so sad

Blog Entries
    Even being retired...life gets in the way of my quilting time too!!! In a perfect world we would get to quilt whenever we wanted :D:D:D

:thumbup:
    I like it...

You aren't alone, I'm an accounting manager that spends the whole day waiting to go home so I can play with my fabric.

I work at home and prepare/review loan documents for mortgage companies and right now it is real slow so I can quilt or read the board upstairs in my office while I am waiting for some work to come in. Otherwise I think I would go crazy working at a regular office and not be able to keep my hands busy. :)

Banned
    LMAO!!!! I became self employed in 1990 so I could stay home and play (work) in my jammers.

We had a snow day today! Finished up my Chocolate Raspberry blocks and now starting the Louisiana set!

I agree. Work just gets in the way of quilting time. I am off on disability currently. I wish I did not have to go back in January!

I agree with amma ... Life gets in the way of my sewing and quilting all the time.

When we bought our business two years ago I thought, right on I can do the bookwork for half the day and then quilt the rest of the day. That has not happened yet!!!

I just said yesterday that work sure does get in the way of my quilting :)

Work sure does get in the way. I have a few friends that rotary cut fabric on their lunch hour. I've never done that before, I'd probally get food all over my fabric. LOL

Oh, goodness....it's catching! LOL :D I wonder when will be the first time I'm "sick" from work so I can stay home and quilt.

Yes, work does get in the way ... but it does help us to buy more fabric right?? More income = more fabric, works for me :) he he

Blog Entries
    Can you call in with a case of Quilt-itis???? If you say it really, really fast, the boss might think it is a new virus going around :wink:

You have lots of company!!!! I was just thinking today how I spend all day reminding myself that if I didn't have my job I couldn't support my habit!!!!!! (I really do love my job, but quilting is my addiction!)

I spend my time at work thinking of sewing. I had the last two days off and DGD didn't have school because of the snow. Very little sewing for me. :-( :-( :-( I'm so sad.

LOL...I thought I was depressed because my house isn't as ready for company as I want...nope...I've got Quiltitis :D

Banned
    Like someone stated earlier life gets in the way for me, I am retired also and I am lucky to get out to the studio once a week.

Billy

We owned a convenience store for years. i finally set up my machine on a back counter, and my quilting frame out on the main floor> LOL

Talking about work taking up all your time. Maybe you all could quit your jobs and piece tops for your income. Kill two birds with one stone, LOL.

PLEASE don't complain... LOL...
    I wish I had a job. Been taking courses on line and THAT is standing in the way of my sewing.....
    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU OUR THERE...

I'm retired, but friends and family seem to think I am a sewing robot and keep flooding me with sewing/mending that "won't take much time." My piles of UFO's and quilt patterns I want to try keep crying out to me.
    I wish I could learn to say "No!" to these requests.

hey that's a good one amma!!! i work at home too but as usual i still have to do it and not get much quilting done during the day--darn it!! why can't we all just quilt all day????!!!!

I've given up trying to hand quilt and sew by machine in the sewing/2-siamese-cats room. When I do need to do hand work, sitting in my recliner, my 2-yr-old Pembroke Welsh Corgi sits on the floor staring at me and whining for me to get on the floor with him and play. He has even groaned when I come into the living room with a quilt as he knows that he's forbidden to share my lap with a quilt!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast