Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I had such hope for Wal Marts Fabric Dept. >

I had such hope for Wal Marts Fabric Dept.

I had such hope for Wal Marts Fabric Dept.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:05 AM

our Walmart had the table, and the racks for the bolts last Friday fabric coming soon. I'll go in there this week to see.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:07 AM

Only thing I don't like about my Walmart fabric is when it comes to getting the fabric cut I can't find anyone to cut it. They finely put a bell that we can ring to get the fabric cut. I guess the gals who cut have to work in the warehouse as well.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by cinnya
Originally Posted by valsma
Do you think it is time for another email to corrprate?
That sounds more like a ineffective management problem. It is those type of stores That give the rest a bad name.
Yes ,I do think it is time to call corporate, but don't just complain about the fabric dept.,tell them about the overall problems of this store. Corporate will take care of it.
I agree it time to call the higher ups too.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:22 AM

My favorite WM just remodeled. The aisles next to fabrics are super-wide but the fabric dept is shoved into a certain square footage that only one cart can get through. The nice fabric "wall" is now gone and the space taken over by notions. Bolts of fabric are on tables so a person has to walk all over the dept to see what they have to offer. They downsized the cutting table and the gals working there, while they don't say anything, appear to be unhappy with their space. I visited with them about my concerns and they seemed to agree so I went to Customer Service. I voiced my concern since they have misplaced the comment pamphlets in the remodel. The gals were very attentive to my concerns and suggestions and said any changes need to come out of corporate. Call 1-800-WALMART I got a live person on the first call! They need to understand that shopping for fabric is not the same as shopping for other items in their store. Now waiting to see if anything changes......
Old 08-16-2011, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by valsma
The last three times I have been at our local store, the fabric dept. looks like a tornado had blown through it. Fabric on bolts just hanging on floor, bolts half hanging out of the racks, stacked on top of the other bolts of fabric on racks. It is almost impossible to look at the fabric through the mess. Zippers, buttons and other notitons just thrown on bottom shelf and not hanging on their pegs. Today I waited 10 mins at the garden center check out waiting for someone to answer a page for a fabric/crafts associate for a price check. Finally she rang the item in as the price I thought it was.
I guess the newness has warn off. Oh well. Do you think it is time for another email to corrprate?
i think so. they will not leave anyone in the dept. to cut fabric. cost too much to have one standing around! if they do their job they wouldn't have time to stand around!!!i used to work in fabrics so i know!!but they pull them all over the store to work other depts.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:01 AM

Our walmart has started getting fabric back and I cannot wait to see how it turns out. I agree with others that a lot depends on the store and if it is hard to find help or the store is a mess it is time to make a call. We are the customer and I think they have found that we can make or break them.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:16 AM

I work as a cashier at one of our WalMarts. Most of the stores have closed their fabric depts. Mine still has one, but it isn't very neat and tidy. I have asked to transfer to it, just so I can clean it up and make suggestions on how to run it more effeiciently. I love the selection of fabric there if you can get through it. They never have anyone available to cut either.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:17 AM

I'd ask to talk to the manager of that particular store. They are the one that does the hiring and firing of the help. If they don't have anyone working in the fabric dept., it's high time they got one!
Old 08-16-2011, 06:23 AM
Power Poster

The Walmart fabric department here is awesome.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:45 AM

I would complain to the manager of the store that the store is awful and see if that helps and if it doesn't then call head office the manager is not doing their job. I hate any store like that....I've been in a few quilt stores like people in there just don't want to tidy up....