Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I just bought an old Necchi sewing machine and a cabinet. >

I just bought an old Necchi sewing machine and a cabinet.

I just bought an old Necchi sewing machine and a cabinet.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:12 AM

Default I just bought an old Necchi sewing machine and a cabinet.

It has all the parts for it. a lot of cams, bobbins, tools, presser fee. for everything, for instance a foot for gathering and sewing ruffels, to applique. all kinds of them. the cord on the foot pedal needs to be replaced for its cut in a few places, and so old it is spliting apart, so it will have to be re placed. It seems like it will work, when its cleaned up.Oh what a machine it will be.I have a bernina 43o now that I sew on, but i can't wait to use this one the Necchi. I have to take it in and have them clean it real good, and replace any part that isn't worth saving. I think its an old Necchi made in the 50's.I will try to take a picture of it and send it to show you.I also got a whole lot of material with it. Its material i dont think i will use, cause its fine polester, and i din't do that kind of fabric. I may be giving this away. some i'll keep.if you need polester just let me know. I can't wait to start sewing on it.its called the Necchi automatic supernova.
anyone else have this machine???/ What can you say about it.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:34 AM

The older Necchi and Elna models were excellent machines. I still have my older Elna and think it does as good as my newer machine.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:33 AM
Power Poster

There is a Yahoo group devoted to vintage Necchi machines. If you go to groups.yahoo.com and search on Necchi, you should find it. They have lots of good info.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:42 AM

I second the recommendation for the Necchi Yahoo group. Be sure to check out their files, photos, as well as the messages. I have learned a great deal. My prediction is that your Supernova Automatica will need to have little replaced. Amazing machines!
Old 01-20-2013, 11:15 PM

You got a good one for sure! Yep, I'm the one with the Necchi group on Yahoo and I'm a Necchi fanatic! I have a Supernova Ultra I bought new in 1959 and she's still my main machine. Our group is at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/necchisewingmachineclub/

We have lots of info to help you fix and care for your new baby. If you'd like to, there's a great pdf document on how to completely clean your Supernova. If you do take her to a shop for cleaning, don't let them tell you that's it's just an old machine and you should get a new one! And since new parts aren't available for them, if they tell you it needs a part, come to the group and check it out first, as these machines seldom need new parts. Also, you can find a power cord on ebay for about $15-20, and you might want to get an electronic foot control, altho you can prob use the one you have. In our Links section there are some suppliers we use a lot who can help with the cord etc. too. I know you'll love her when you get her all spiffed up and running! Feel free to pm me if you have more questions! Polly