Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I just fell in love. . with my new machine and the used book store

First things first. My husband went out this morning to get a birthday gift for his mom. Her birthday was in October :). When he came home he showed me what he got her and said the rest of the bag was for me. I look inside to find 2 packs of bobbins. I thought that was so nice - just a little something. Then he said - I got you those . . .to go with your new sewing machine!

In the car he had a Brother Project Runway eddition CE-50000PRW. Nice and light and it has a ton of different stitches . . .just for no reason. I am so lucky to have a husband that is so thoughtful!

Then after I took my mom leftovers from yesterday and her sewing machine I had been using back to her house, I went to the used book store. . . Oh my gosh!! There are soo many quilting books!!! All are used, and some are pretty old but I was so thrilled to see so many! This is going to be a good Christmas!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice machine. You are a lucky woman! :D

Blog Entries
    What a sweet DH :D :D :D

I have one just like it and you will love it.

What a total sweetheart!!!!!!!! How nice of him. Enjoy your new toy!!

Lucky you and a surprise too! Best of luck with it and remember to post pics!

What a fantastic surprise for you, enjoy! :D

Lucky you! I think your DH is a keeper. :D

I also agree your husband is a keeper and a very generous and loving one, at that. Bravo!!

What a great guy. He did good.

He's a keeper! Books and sewing - what more could a girl want? LOL

I know - books and sewing!!! DH does quality for a metal fab shop - so his whole world is in the details. I am not so good at the measuring yet - so now he wants to make a quilt becuase he sees how much I like it!! Time will tell - but he's not going to get too much time on my new machine :-)

That is so awesome! Both the machine and DH surprise. You are blessed.

What a great gift, what a thoughtful fellow you have! Good about the bookstore too....my Mum bought me a stack of old quilting books for my birthday a few months ago. Some great patterns and ideas...can never have too many books.

Blog Entries
    What a nice HUbby! :wink:

Yup, yup, yup, you've got yourself a sweetie. Hooray, I love to hear sweetie stories!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Now go make you and your hubby a "cuddle quilt" Enjoy your new books & wonderful new sewing machine!!!

Banned
    nice machine. you'll love it :D

Blog Entries
    That is a nice surprise. Congratulations on your new machine. I hope that you get a lot of enjoyment from it. :)

I keep hearing about these perfect husbands, I thought they were a myth.
    Here is a website for the best prices for quilting books you will ever find and the shipping is always 3 dollars no matter how much you order.
    One thing to keep in mind, they will send you a special catalog for quilting and crafts once you order a quilting book but if you mention that you want quilting books maybe they will send one right away.
    The prices range from 2.99 up to 16 dollars but there are lots of lower priced books. I have bought so many under 5 dollars and they are new.
    http://www.edwardrhamilton.com

What a super gift! You hubby sounds so neat and he must love you so much to want you to be happy with your sewing. Yes, that is where I get most of my books and sewing books are at used book stores, yard sales and used books on Amazon.

Your husband was so thoughtfulto buy you a machine...Had you already picked it out, or did he do that also? Also, does anyone out there have a Baby Lock Ellisimo Model BLSO...My DH bought me one after I had picked it out in June of this year. This is the secone time it has been in the shop and it has been gone for 3 weeks this time. I am really disappointed and would gladly take my $9000.00 and run but they assure me they are going to fix this one. I really wanted to make some things for christmas but due to the problems I am having, don't guess I will. Let me know if you have one and if you have had any problems. :cry: :(

Congrats on your new sewing machine. I love how he gave you the bobbins first, that was so sweet!

congratulations cminor and wishing you many good years of sewing and quilting. I am sure you must be deserving of this new sewing machine.

Thanks I know - very lucky!

He actually was looking at them online the night before. That morning he got up early to get his moms gift and I was still sleeping. He called our daughter to look the machine up online and make sure it was a good one. You never know with buying a machine at Walmart. So yes, he did also pick it out himself!

I just love it. I love the little things, like tha easy back stitch button, the auto bobbin threader and the best part is the cutter on the side. The machine of my mothers that I was using had it on the back and becuase the machine was so big, I never used it.

The machine is beautiful. Thank you for the tip about the Used Book Stores. I have found a few books at the thrift stores around but I never thought of the Used Book Stores. Have fun sewing on your new machine!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast