Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need a fabric fix! >

I need a fabric fix!

I need a fabric fix!

Old 05-04-2010, 10:09 AM

There is nothing wrong with adult children living at home, if they pay rent or help with utilities and groceries. Especially if they are single. I do understand the fabric. I just spent close to 50 to get some fabric and went to the quilt shop and found 4 more bolts to use in a quilt. there goes about 100 more dollars. It is too addicting and intoxicating going into fabric stores and LQS's. I have about 19 or so years to go till mine could move out.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:10 AM

I have been cleaning out my stash and will continue work on reducing the material I have on hand. Sooooooooo if any of you ladies would like some of what I have PM me with color preferences and I will send some of what I am cleaning out to you. Could be strips, squares, fat quarters or even yardage. Just remember to pass it forward when I send you material. Would like it if you would make a signed 12 1/2 square for me!
Old 05-05-2010, 05:09 AM

SC IS MY HOME STATE, BUT I HAVE BEEN TRANSPLANTED TO ALABAMA IN MY GOLDEN YEARS. WOULD YOU MIND TELLING ME WHERE IN SC YOU ARE LOCATED? (CAN SEND LOCATION BY PRIVATE MESSAGE). IF YOU ARE IN THE GREENVILLE AREA, I COULD SEND YOU SOME FABRIC BY MY DAUGHTER WHEN SHE COMES TO VISIT (LIVES IN GREER). I HAVE A HUGE SUPPLY - MORE THAN I WILL EVER BE ABLE TO USE.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:13 AM

Is anyone interested in starting a trading group of some sort for those times we just "need" some new fabric? I am also on a strict budget and get terrible withdrawls.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:45 AM

I'm in Fort Mill which is just below Charlotte. I think a group to trade would be a neat idea! I know for us this year (well actually the last 3) have just been extremely rough. It seems that regardless of how much dh works the bills just keep getting higher.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:46 AM

Ginnie, congrats with your new (old) machine that your DH bring you. (I read your blog) It's a beautiful machine and your DH is a keeper! YOu have a nice blog so I became your follower.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:39 AM

aww thank you! Dh got the machine from a guy he works with by doing some work for him. It had been sitting in his garage for years he said. So for a couple hours of his time he got it. Since he's away from home all week it gave him something to do he said.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:48 AM

One trick I learned from bing broke is to go to the local thrift store and search for clothing items (all at 50 cents or so) that have a great print or even sheets that run normally around $1 to $2 dollars. Take the items home, wash and dry, cut them to managable pcs and use this fabric in scrap quilts, Flying Geese quilts or anything else I can think of. I have found a lot of great prints at very low prices. I have been working on baby quilts and for less that $3.00, I can put one together that looks GREAT!
Old 05-05-2010, 07:01 AM

I feel your pain!! In January I made a resolution to not buy any fabric this year with 2 exceptions. If I am working on a project and absolutely need something to finish the project (if nothing in my stash will work) then I can buy just what I need. And in October, my friends and I are going on a quilting vacation to Cape Cod and buying fabric from the sate we visit is just part of the vacation. Not buying fabric has been a real eye-opener. One thing I've learned is how much I can do with just my stash. I've really made some nice scrappy quilts. Number two is how many beautiful fabrics I already have and how much fun it is to shop my stash. And three, how much money I'm saving!! But I was really happy when I was commissioned to make a quilt where I HAD to buy fabric in her colors!!
Old 05-05-2010, 07:22 AM

Whoo Whee...off to a good start! :-) What will be your pattern that you will do first? I hate going fabric shopping....too many on to select & unsure what to do with it as i am a beginner...Oooooooooohhhh at all the materials!! :lol: :lol: :lol: