Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I re-organized my bedroom/craft area >

I re-organized my bedroom/craft area

I re-organized my bedroom/craft area

Old 12-15-2010, 04:29 AM

Hi everyone

I spent the entire afternoon and part of the evening yesterday re-organizing my bedroom/craft area.

I went through all of my big plastic storage tubs and got them all re-organized. I took a smaller size tote container and put my material in there that I want to start making quilts out of in the new year.

Sometime very soon I am going to buy a 4 or a 6 foot sturdy table for my sewing, stitching, quilting, cutting.

I moved my smaller size plastic containers over by my big storage tubs. Those smaller size containers is going to be sitting on top of my table when I get it. I can't wait til I get my table cause I am in need of one really bad. I am going to get mine from Lowes.

My bedroom is big enough that I can have one area for my craft stuff. The only bad part of my Apt is the real long wall heater in my bedroom. That is where the Table is going to go. I have it all cleared and when I get my new table I can just put it right in front of the wall heater. Than I can put my plastic containers on top of my table among some other stuff that I have planned.

A friend of mine gave me two real old dresser scarfs to be embroidered so as of last night I started to embroidered them. They are so old that they have the color list written on the material down at the bottom. I want to get these two dresser scarfs done before something happens to them.

I also have Quilt Blocks to be embroidered and than be made into Quilts. I have lots of those to get done too.

In the new year I am planning on making more Quilts, get some of my counted cross stitch UFO's done and get my Embroidery done as well too.

I have decided that I'm going to get serious about my hobbies and get them done in the new year. I have all kinds of Ideas for my Quilts that I want to make. One of them is going to be Western Theme Quilt. I am going to make this one for my younger brother who teaches at a Horse Ranch. The other Quilt that I want to make is a Panel that is already to be made into a Quilt. I just have to add the extra material around the edge of it, add the backing to it, do the binding and the Quilting on it.

In the new year I am going to be very busy with my favorite hobbies...counted cross stitch, quilting, and embroidery.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:19 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like a good plan! Reading your post is making me think about getting motivated :)
Old 12-15-2010, 05:19 AM

Congrats to you for reorganizing your crafting area.

Some people use flat doors for tables.

Good luck!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:13 AM

Well I don't want to use doors for my table...The ones that Lowes has is a fold down type very sturdy table and the price is really good too. They can stay up or they can fold down.

Thanks everyone.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:41 AM

Before buying any table, if I were you, I'd try using your sewing machine on it. I was going to use a 4 foot folding table for my machine....it was the perfect size....but when I attempted to use the table to machine quilt on, the table wasn't strong enough to absorb the machine's vibration at fast speed so the table was rocking and rolling....not fun. I returned it and found something else to use.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:50 AM

My Sewing Machine is just a regular sewing machine..it does not do quilting. It is very light weight and not heavy at all.

Thanks though for your idea/tip.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Power Poster

How exciting for you :D:D:D
Old 12-15-2010, 11:43 AM

Sounds like you have big plans for 2011 - good luck.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:56 AM

You'll have to share pics of all your projects as you get to them. Happy sewing!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:14 PM

I am going to be posting my progress pictures of what I'm stitching on as I am stitching on them.

I forgot to mention that I also have Quilted Pillow Tops and Pillows that needs to be Quilted and finished. That will be done in the next new year too.