Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
And I said I would never need math when I grew up....... >

And I said I would never need math when I grew up.......

And I said I would never need math when I grew up.......

Old 09-19-2010, 10:11 AM

I always knew there were left brained people and right brained people. Math, engineer types and creative types. I always thought I didn't belong because I was good at math and science, yet was very creative. I always felt 'different'
I learned just the other day there are Left-right brained people, I don't understand the biology of it, but people who use both sides of their brains, one side doesn't take preference over the other. That's me!
I got to thinking, what a perfect endeavor, quilting! Math, geometry with the creativeness of putting colors and prints together in a pattern
Old 09-20-2010, 03:00 PM

Pardon :?: "arithmetic is to mathematics what phonics is to literature" You're confusing me further Bearisgray and making me think even more :roll: I hope they're all related anyway :lol:
Old 09-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Power Poster

[quote=Ada Shiela]Pardon :?: "arithmetic is to mathematics what phonics is to literature" You're confusing me further Bearisgray and making me think even more :roll: I hope they're all related anyway :lol:[/quote

How about arithmetic is to mathematics

as a straight stitch treadle sewing machine is to a super-duper computerized embroidery machine
Old 09-22-2010, 01:08 PM

i had geometry after lunch... way back in the day when partying at lunch was not uncommon... managed to pass by the skin of my teeth.. and don't remember a thing about it...

dh has a degree in aerospace engineering... so when push comes to shove, i can get him to figure out my stuff for me... he is also a woodworker, so he does the math there anyway,..

also, he has been wonderfully handy to have around whenever any of the kids need help with math or science homework...!