Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I sold the quilt the lady wanted but didn't

I am so happy that you sold it to someone who would appreciate it.

Blog Entries
    Good for you! I'm happy that you didn't loose out, the mailman gained and the lady lost her quilt. Serves her right....:wink:

Quote Originally Posted by joan_quilts
    This lady never gave me any money. I offered to lower my price by $25, but she still didn't want it.

In hindsight, I should have known better than dealing with her. She is my daughter-in-laws aunt, and this family is "known" for being rip offs. They are a strange bunch, I could tell you some stories you would never believe! LOL

She can call, but I am sure by now, knowing that I told my daughter in law I sold the quilt, she knows.

Oh, I will make the local gossip chain, AGAIN, and somehow be the bad guy. This family thrives on gossip and they are always the victim.

I don't care, the quilt is sold, it was never her quilt, and the man who bought it will take good care of it.

At least I got money for heating oil and can stay warm a few months! LOL
    I am glad then. Let them talk but if some one asks tell them it was the lady's fault, she did not want it when she had the chance. well done.

The mailman was probably thrilled at his luck in being able to buy such a beautiful quilt! I'm happy for you and him!

Thats great! I made a quilt for a lady and she has made payments. I gave the quilt to her with $145.00 to pay me. She has much $$$ but she is sending payments. I guess I am lucky?

Blog Entries
    You have to do what you have to do.

That's wonderful!!!!!!!!!

I am happy for you!

Quote Originally Posted by bgullett
    Thats great! I made a quilt for a lady and she has made payments. I gave the quilt to her with $145.00 to pay me. She has much $$$ but she is sending payments. I guess I am lucky?
    (Appearances can be deceiving. Sometimes those who look like they are wealthy may be the most in debt.)

Good for you! I'm glad you were able to sell it.
    I don't think I'd want to deal with that kind of a person anyway... I tend to tell people I'm too busy if they are a pain to deal with...

I am so glad the quilt went home with some one who appreciates it and that you got paid for your hard work. Thanks for letting us know how this ended.

thats great,I am happy for you also

A story book ending if you ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charmpacksplus
    I've been following this story and I have a theory. When we see something we love and can buy it right then and there, we pay the asking price. When we have to wait for something, sometimes the love can wear off and we don't want it so badly anymore, or use the money for something else.

I think that's what happened here. The one who ordered it would have bought it if it had been already made.... like the mail man did.

This is what I tell people about the things I make..... Sorry, no custom orders.

Contracts would cause me great stress.... I'm too old for that. :D
    I'm so glad this got resolved so well for you. You have more than your asking price and the mailman has a quilt he loves. The original customer loses out.

Charmpacks, I totally agree. Sometimes I put things in my cart and when I review it before I leave the store, I find that I have already changed my mind and return the items to their places. I come to my senses. My dtr used to hate me doing this when we'd shop together. I guess just those few minutes of 'owning' it, was good enough for me. I am perfectly happy to walk away without the item. People are funny.

I'm glad it worked out for you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by plainjane
    Good for you! Some people are just not ready to pay for quality.
    plainjane, the little muffin in your avatar is adorable! Every time I see her/him? it just makes me smile!

Blog Entries
    Happy for you that you sold the quilt to someone who really will take care of it and love it. I only make quilts for my family.

I stand in front of the mirror and practice saying NO over and over. I dont make things for people to make money because of what just happened to you. People are surprised to find out that fabric actually cost money and so does having it quilted. My last quilt cost me $150 for fabric and $150 to have it machine quilted. If push came to shove and someone really really wanted it I would not take less then $800 and I am serious. My time, fabric, thread, use of my machine etc. cost me and now if you want it, it will cost you. And its cash only. My dh does woodworking and he gets 50% of the cost of the item for a deposit and its not refundable. I'm glad the mailman bought it, it was meant for him and he will enjoy it

Everything happens for a reason. :)

I always get a deposit before I start the quilt. Sounds like the right person got the quilt!

Good for you for standing your ground and how wonderful the Mailman just "happened" to love John Deere. What the enemy intends for evil the Lord turns around and uses for good. You go girl!!

Good for you, Joan! Shame on her for being such a twit!

The mailman got what he wanted, you were paid a price you are happy with and the lady got what she deserved! That sounds like a happy ending to me.

Julie

cONGRATS. iT IS A CRYIN' SHAME THAT YOU ARE ACTUALLY "RELATED" TO THIS LADY AND YOUR PATHS WILL always cross - If she ever wants you to make her another quilt, I would tell her that you are so backed up that you can't take any extra orders...................

Blog Entries
    I'm not good enough at quilting to sell anything.That's a blessing,cause those kind of "deals"...such as you went thru would drive me bonkers!

Glad the mailman bought it.Good deal for him & you.

Great resolution to a bad situation. I guess we live and learn. It is hard to ever know what to do when dealing with other people.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast