Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I sold the quilt the lady wanted but didn't >

I sold the quilt the lady wanted but didn't

I sold the quilt the lady wanted but didn't

Old 11-01-2010, 10:24 AM

I made this quilt, custom for a lady that told me last week "she just couldn't afford it right now". Again, her attempt to get me to lower my price AFTER she knew the price when she ordered it back in August.
You kind of have to wonder if this was her plan all along. Glad you were able to sell the quilt to someone who appreciates all your hard work.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:33 AM

It was meant 'to be'!
Old 11-01-2010, 11:09 AM

Glad it worked out for you. I loved your JD quilt.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:36 AM

I've been following this story and I have a theory. When we see something we love and can buy it right then and there, we pay the asking price. When we have to wait for something, sometimes the love can wear off and we don't want it so badly anymore, or use the money for something else.

I think that's what happened here. The one who ordered it would have bought it if it had been already made.... like the mail man did.

This is what I tell people about the things I make..... Sorry, no custom orders.

Contracts would cause me great stress.... I'm too old for that. :D
Old 11-01-2010, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by joan_quilts
I wonder if this lady will call in a few weeks and want the quilt? ROFL Won't she be mad that I already sold it! LOL
I was just going to say. I wonder what she will do when she realizes that you are not lowering the price and already sold it. I would tell he offered more than you actually quoted her. LMAO
Old 11-01-2010, 12:20 PM

great!
Old 11-01-2010, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
Originally Posted by joan_quilts
I wonder if this lady will call in a few weeks and want the quilt? ROFL Won't she be mad that I already sold it! LOL
I was just going to say. I wonder what she will do when she realizes that you are not lowering the price and already sold it. I would tell he offered more than you actually quoted her. LMAO
She'll probably be mad because you sold "her" quilt, although she didn't want it bad enough to pay for it. She probably thinks that she could wear you down, belittle your work enough that you would cave in. There is just not pleasing this type person. I can just hear it now.....Keep us posted-I'm bookmarking this one!
Old 11-01-2010, 12:26 PM

Well looks like she missed out, glad you were able to sell it to someone who knew instantly that he liked it!! If she comes back later w/a different offer cash up front or a stiff deposit on somthing different. :)

Think if sold on commission, Limits would be what's on Hand or you pick the color, that way I know would be working on somthing you liked :)
Old 11-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Power Poster

Glad to hear this ended up with a happy ending for you and your mailman :D:D:D
Old 11-01-2010, 12:44 PM

If she comes back and still wants it, you know what to do -- set a firm price, get a signed commitment and get a non-refundable deposit. Now that you know how much it will sell for, I'd ask for at least 50%.

Congratulations on the sale.

FREE Quilting Newsletter