Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I think I corrupted my big sister ;)

My mother corrupted me when I was nine and starting 4-H. It was just an older straight line sewing machine, but I gave her a work out! I've sewn ever since, making a variety of things from quilts, bags, a wedding dress for DD, pillowcases and even a cover for a huge pool table! I love to sew and DH spoils me with new little toys every once in a while. I have four daughters and one sews for a living, one sews when she has to, one is just getting into quilting, and one who doesn't know how to thread a machine! They all love what I can do, but have no idea how. Oh well.....there is hope for one....LOL.

I have an older sister who shares my love of quilting and a friend who just last year moved back closer (10 minutes away). We love sewing together and especially shopping. What a fun addiction!!

I corrupted my best friend many years ago -- she had never sewn and her idea of quilts consisted of flower fabric. I bought her some fabric and told her to make a quilt -- first we had to buy a sewing machine. Now her stash is bigger than mine and she makes quilts for family Christmas gifts every year. She loves it!!
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Whew! This morning we loaded my 11 year old niece's quilt on the longarm and while I quilted, she pieced the top for a matching sham and made a throw pillow. I quilted the sham with the left over batting and backing. It fit right one without having to unload and reload. Got everything machine bound and the pillow sham put together and bound. I'll post pictures later. She was very proud of her new quilt! We finished just as my sister came to pick her up and head back to Michigan. They were here 5 days but the time flew by.
    Last edited by Christine27; 04-07-2012 at 01:19 PM.

My best friend came to visit me about 12 years ago. I was working on a quilt so I got her to try to make a block for a pot holder. She got hooked--BAD! Today, she is an award winning quilter. She blames me for her fabric addiction and her quilting mania. I just beam in her shadow. I am so proud for her.

My mom was excellant in sewing but didn't not enjoy it, made her tense. I have sisters, one has quilted in the past but doesn't now, another sews very well making clothes but isn't interested in quilting. Another as far as I know never sew & definately no quilting and the youngest got rid of her sewing machine rather than get it fixed, no sewing since. I am the only quilter and I started out because I wanted to make a niece a baby quilt. Watching Georgia Bonesteel made it look possible so I got her book & like they say the rest is history (mine anyway)LOL.
    wonderfully and beautifully made, even if you can't see it on the outside

Blog Entries
    My little sister corrupted me a short time ago. I just bought my 5th machine. That's one more than quilts I made. My DH is almost okay with that. I love my DH, my DS and being corrupted!

My daughter! And just to make sure she never recovers, I support her habit. I just sent her some fabric, 5 yds of batting and the wing clipper ruler.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2